Should we postpone??

Mrs W 11

Reaction score
Hi all

My hubby has a sperm analysis booked for Wednesday at 9am, however we've read he can't dtd for 48 hours before hand!

I'm not tracking my cycle this month as we needed a break but I'm about 14 days in and I usually ovulate around cd 19 so mid week next week. We dtd last night and prob will tomorrow but if we wait till weds night and he's done his sample that night I'm worried we are compromising this week.

Think it makes sense to postpone his appointment till the week after or even the week after that to be sure I've ovulated? He gets the results 5 days later.

Thanks x

If I were you, I would just postpone the test. Sounds like bad timing - save that test for AF! ;)

Definitely postpone! It shouldn't be too hard to get an appt the following week FX for you hun x

Yeh it was quite easy to get the appointment so I'm sure we can move to a couple of weeks later.

I guess the other side of me was think we've been trying for nearly a year now and if there is an issue, the sooner we find out, the sooner we can start doing something to help, and if we find out soon we can start for the following cycle whereas if I delay it might be a bit late.

Its never easy is it hun, i remember talking too you about a year ago on a tread for ttc no2 and here we both are still trying :( FX he has no issues!! In my opinion you have waited this long so i'd get 0 out of the way and book his teat for as soon as pos after. We go our results in 3 days so you should get results before the start of your next cycle...hoping of course that will be over 9 months away!!

Sorry to see you are still trying too! It's so frustrating, I got a bfp first cycle but since my loss, nothing!

Have you started having tests done too? I've had day 3 and 21 bloods and a scan, all normal.

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"