Should we TTC or WTT? Advice please...

cliqmo

Reaction score
Hello Ladies

I wonder if you might be able to help me please?

My Husband and I found out last week that we lost our little bean ('missed miscarriage' at 7wks when we should have been 10wks ) then found out the following day that Hubby (who is Military) is going to Afghanistan for 6mths from April to October 2012 (it was an emotional week!)

My question is whether you think we should get on with TTC as soon as my body is back on course (hopefully in 4-6wks) knowing that our first child will only be a few months old when Hubby goes to Afghan, or whether we should now WTT until the due date will be after Hubby's return... so February 2012...

We conceived on 5th cycle of NTNP last time, so hope we should get our BFP fairly quickly this time too (especially if using OPKs etc)

Any advice / opinions / experience would be really appreciated, thanks x x

It totally depends on how you think you would cope better being alone and pregnant or alone with a tiny baby?!

And wow you guys get a lot of notice for deployment!! Last time my hubby went to afghan we had 4 days notice!!

Personally I would prefer to have the baby in my arms while he was away, kinda something to occupy myself! After this loss I don't think I could go through a pregnancy on my own....

But it's your choice hun!!

Well, if you had no complications & you are ready to try again- I'd give it a whirl. I personally wouldn't want to wait- I feel like I'd be missing out on THE MONTH if I skipped a month and then be afraid I'd go another year of TTC if I waited w/o getting pregnant. I can understand the positives in waiting though.. it's completely up to you- I am 31 and I feel like time is of the essence.. so I Think that matters too. Best of luck hun! :hugs:

On a side note my hubby is gonna be away April and may and we just mc on Friday, as soon as bleeding has stopped we are gonna start dtd every 2/3 days and try fall before first AF, I've heard so many differing stories so not sure whether it's a good idea or not but I think falling quickly would help us

Thanks for your replies!

WoodyA we don't normally get anywhere near as much notice, it is only because we are due posting and the new job has the pre-deployment training schedule already that we have found out :thumbup:

You make a valid point about support through the pregnancy, DH has been a complete legend through this and coping with another MC on top of the stress of his deployment would be awful!

Thank you :flower:

Holly, I agree, it would be awful to feel like you waited 'too long' and missed your opportunity :wacko:

ETA just read your update, I'm sorry for your loss :hug: we found out on Thursday that ours stopped growing at 7wks and we have a D&C booked for Wednesday. All the very best getting your :bfp: before OH goes away x x x

i think its ur decision on how u feel bout it. im so sorry for your loss x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->