Should we wait? Living with parents

Lazydays

Reaction score
We're currently living with my husband's parents while we wait on our new build home being finished. As our house is the last on the development, the builders are comfident that our home will be finished for us to move in in September.

We'd always planned to start trying in May but because we've moved in with his parents (to save more money for upgrades etc), I feel a little odd about it. While they obviously know we have sex, I'm just worried about what they would think and what other people might say.

I just wondered what everyone's thoughts are and what you would do if you were in my position? I'm 31 years old :)

I wouldn't care what other people would say, but i would wait until moving out of the parents home

I would wait to try until the house is finished.

If you're close with mil as awkward as it would be maybe talk to her about it... It could take months to conceive it could be immediate... At least have a discussion with OH to see what he thinks.

We're currently living with my husband's parents while we wait on our new build home being finished. As our house is the last on the development, the builders are comfident that our home will be finished for us to move in in September.

We'd always planned to start trying in May but because we've moved in with his parents (to save more money for upgrades etc), I feel a little odd about it. While they obviously know we have sex, I'm just worried about what they would think and what other people might say.

I just wondered what everyone's thoughts are and what you would do if you were in my position? I'm 31 years old :)

We were living with dh's parents when we ttc also in the May. We did have the money to move into rented property at that time but fell pregnant straight away. We moved out by 6weeks but if we knew we were moving into our house in the September we still would have tried. If we hadnt found the right property we would have waited longer.
Unless you will be bringing a newborn into their home then just continue as u planned. Besides you might fall straight away or it might take you 6months.

Good luck with ttc :thumbup:

if you start TTC in the May the soonest you would be due would be February so you should definitely be in your house by then! I say go ahead, you dont know how long it might take (or not take! fingers crossed ;) ) to get pregnant so why not?
just a little note though, OH & my house was supposed to be ready in February and its still not done... and we're getting married in 5 weeks 2 days.... and breathe!!! :haha:

Definitely wait personally. Moving house is stressful, moving house whilst pregnant would be a killer. Esp with morning sickness etc.

I recently moved with a newborn and two kids and me and hubby found that so tough, but pregnant would have been even more so.

Ps how exciting having your new house built :)
:flower:

If you'll be in your own house by the time baby is born then I don't see the issue, personally! :)

Hi lazydays :flower:

I also don't see why you should wait if you will be in your own house by the time the baby comes. What exactly do you think OH's parents would think...? What exactly would other people say....? I think what's most important is what do you and OH want, and what would be best for you? If you're not having the baby while living with the in-laws, then it's no added burden to them. I say go for it!

Thank you for all your replies! I think I'm just worried that people will judge us for poor timing or for trying to conceive in a home that isn't ours. It's daft though because we are ready and will definitely be in our home by due date. I guess there's never a 'perfect' time. Also, you're right! I need to stop worrying about other people!!! :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->