Should you let an 8 month old sleep on their tummy?

Natasha2605

2 girlies <3
Reaction score
As the title says really.

Since going in her cot last week it seems to be her new favourite position. A lot of the time I turn her over but she either wakes or rolls back over?

Should I leave her? Or is it dangerous? xx

No its grand! My LO started sleeping on his tummy at about 5 months. As long as they can roll into that position, they can roll out if it :thumbup:

aiden is exactly the same i have spent a few sleepless weeks turning him back, and to no avail - last 2 nights ive left him to do as pleases and hes slept til 6am from 6pm... think i like that better lol i am purchasing one of those breathable bumpers on payday tho that a kind lady showed us yest as he does like to have a crawl about and im terrified of getting a leg stuck xxx

No its grand! My LO started sleeping on his tummy at about 5 months. As long as they can roll into that position, they can roll out if it :thumbup:

like jenny82 said aslong as they can roll into the position and roll out of it you can put them to sleep on their tummy.

<3

aiden is exactly the same i have spent a few sleepless weeks turning him back, and to no avail - last 2 nights ive left him to do as pleases and hes slept til 6am from 6pm... think i like that better lol i am purchasing one of those breathable bumpers on payday tho that a kind lady showed us yest as he does like to have a crawl about and im terrified of getting a leg stuck xxx

Ha you've got me excited thinking that if I leave her she *might* sleep all night... Roll on bedtime :D xx

Until the age of about 6 months Leah would wake up if she rolled onto her front, but now she rolls onto her front straight away. Still doesn't sleep through though!

if she rolls there herself id say its fine. as soon as i put my lo in her cot on her back she rolls onto her tummy. and she very definaly does NOT sleep all night!:haha:

Omar startd to sleep on his tummy at 5 months when he started to roll over. He was a side sleeper.

tummy sleeper here also. i put her to sleep on her tummy as if i put her on her back she wakes up and cries for me to put her on her tummy,she doesint even attempt to roll over. she could roll over at 4 months but she cant be arsed now as she knows mamma will do it for her lol xox

Ellie's slept on her tummy since she was 4 months old and could roll there herself. It's fine so long as they can roll back if required x

Elleah has just started rolling onto her side all the time to sleep at 3 months and when i put her on her back she just rolls onto her side again!!...and the other day i found her on her tummy.....what can u do??

olly has been tummy sleeping since he was about 3 months old! he wont sleep any other way. at first I only let him do it in the day when he was napping down stairs, just so I could make sure he was ok, but he always puts his head on the side so he can breath. After about 2-3 weeks i let him sleep at night on his tummy x

Its fine to let a baby sleep on their stomach after they can roll. There's no need to turn her back over hun. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->