Shoulder dystocia

My MW says SD is a huge risk for a hospital birth, because you are on your back or in stirrups and can't move around easily. She's never had a single case of it at homes or in her center, because if baby isn't progressing, she has mom move, which solves the problem. It's the number 1 pregnancy related lawsuit for hospital births here though.

My 2 children were both big (9lbs 9oz and 8 lbs 13 oz) and we had no problems with either.

WHAT!!!!! why on earth would you be on your back or in stirrups?? this is very rare practice these days.. some women choose to stay on their backs an obviously if theyv had drugs... but its generally encouraged to have an active sort of birth walking around, changing positions, squatting, on all fours etc!

wienegums - they are in the US, where birth is much more over-managed than here!

Birth is much more over-managed here in Canada as well, or atleast if you have an ob and take the "medical" route as most canadian pregnant folks are doing :( ... I on the other hand am deperately waiting a return call from the local midwives in hopes of having a spot with them! Just got my BFP yesterday afternoon but am terrified for some reason or another that I won't get in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->