Show me your hospital bags....

Munchkin30

1 DD,2 losses, Pregnant!!
Reaction score
Hey all,
I can't remember what I did last time but I'm really self conscious about having a massive hospital bag. So can you send me pics of yours so I know what's 'normal'?!? Xx

I haven't done mine yet but don't be self conscious about your bag, I had a hold all on wheels when I went in last time which seemed overkill but I ended up in for a week and needed my mum to bring extra stuff in for me so I wouldn't worry about squeezing things into a smaller bag. Loads of the ladies when I went in had suitcases or like three different bags and whenever I watch one born every minute they seem to have the same kind of thing.

Still early for me to have done mine but I packed the baby's clothes (still need to pack blankets, diapers & baby wipes). My suitcase is empty so far.

Last time I had one suitcase larger than this one & an overnight bag.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 17
Not sure why I could only upload 1 pic!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 41
I'll be taking two little suitcases. One for my stuff and one for babies stuff xx

I can't upload a pic because my phone is too crap but if it makes you feel better, I have a fairly large weekend bag with wheels JUST FOR ME and another smaller overnight bag for baby as well as my nursing pillow which won't fit in either. I always think when you're going away that you basically need the same amount of stuff for one night as you would for four or five apart from a few extra clothes. I look like I'm planning to stay a week!

Suitcases???? Oh maybe I need to rethink my bag! It's tiny in comparison

I don't have a picture, but for Lakelyn I just have her diaper bag packed with 2-3 receiving blankets, 1 cute blanket I made to take pictures with, a burp cloth, 2 bibs, coming home outfit, 2-3 extra onsies, few bows, 3 hats, couple socks, couple mittens, then also have a changing mat, few diapers, a pack of wipes, some travel diaper rash stuff and nipple cream and maybe hand sanitizer, also have a nursing cover, and pacifier. (this is mostly just her regular diaper bag stuff)

for me I have a small travel bag. I have 1 set of pjs, some panties, 2 nursing bras, 2 nursing tanks, 2-3 tshirts, 2 pair of yoga pants, some socks, my blow drier/straightener (just incase), tooth brushes for me and DH, our travel size shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion, deodorant, hair brush, phone chargers, camera charger, ipad, baby book, pjs for DH (he will be coming home to shower and change clothes that evening and then change into his pjs when he gets back to the hospital) and will be adding my makeup.

I am also bringing my breast pump which will stay in the car unless its needed, I have a blanket and pillow for me for comfort and my breastfeeding pillow. Oh and obviously carseat and I made little gifts and some snacks for the nurses so that they will be nice to me ;)

seems like I have a lot, but its really not if I can fit it into one diaper bag and one carry on bag

I don't have a picture, but for Lakelyn I just have her diaper bag packed with 2-3 receiving blankets, 1 cute blanket I made to take pictures with, a burp cloth, 2 bibs, coming home outfit, 2-3 extra onsies, few bows, 3 hats, couple socks, couple mittens, then also have a changing mat, few diapers, a pack of wipes, some travel diaper rash stuff and nipple cream and maybe hand sanitizer, also have a nursing cover, and pacifier. (this is mostly just her regular diaper bag stuff)

for me I have a small travel bag. I have 1 set of pjs, some panties, 2 nursing bras, 2 nursing tanks, 2-3 tshirts, 2 pair of yoga pants, some socks, my blow drier/straightener (just incase), tooth brushes for me and DH, our travel size shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion, deodorant, hair brush, phone chargers, camera charger, ipad, baby book, pjs for DH (he will be coming home to shower and change clothes that evening and then change into his pjs when he gets back to the hospital) and will be adding my makeup.

I am also bringing my breast pump which will stay in the car unless its needed, I have a blanket and pillow for me for comfort and my breastfeeding pillow. Oh and obviously carseat and I made little gifts and some snacks for the nurses so that they will be nice to me ;)

seems like I have a lot, but its really not if I can fit it into one diaper bag and one carry on bag

Love your name choice! We're naming ours Laken.

Here's mine. The black one has clothes for dh and I, the blue and gold one has electronics, snacks and toiletries, and of course the diaper bag. I'm waiting to see if we get any cute outfits at the shower this weekend to decide on clothes, but I'm all packed. Early, yes, but that's just cuz my Dr told me to due to an amniotic fluid issue.

Attachments

• 0302152023-1.jpg
    0302152023-1.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 6

Love your name choice! We're naming ours Laken.

Thank you!

I'm too lazy (and too pregnant) to stand up and take a picture, but I packed a medium suitcase. It's not carry on size, but also not the biggest one we own. It feels excessive, but we have a lot of stuff specific to my natural birth goals - snacks and drinks, fake candles, comfortable clothes, swimwear for both of us, and then clothes and basic toiletries for a couple days in the hospital so DH doesn't have to leave unless we want him to ;) I also have a pillow that doesn't fit in the suitcase (I guess I should have used the biggest one!), and a diaper bag full of clothes for the baby. Plus DH's big camera bag.

You guys would all pee in your pants if you see how little I will bring for this time to the hospital. haven't nearly packed anything yet, but for baby I just bring a going home outfit and a aden and anais swaddle ( hospital literally provides EVERYTHING for baby) and a cute headband in case we have a girl for the photo.... For me it's nursing bras ( 2) underwear and clothes to go home in ( although I always have summer babies so it takes up no space) small bag of toiletries, very small makeup bag with just essentials, phone and charger, camera. Our hospital provides everything, and I'd rather bleed on their crap then mine. But my bag is really small, most would laugh causing them to pee.

As a side note, I must say that my first time was much different, I had a bunch of crap I never needed or used. So I dont think you guys are crazy, I understand the need for feeling prepared. I'm pretty sure you'd think I'm crazy if you see how small my bag is, that's all.You learn as you go i guess :)

I have a change of clothes for myself, my bathroom items such as shampoo and stuff, and flip flops. I still need to pack stuff for Willow but the hospital provides everything I need for the baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->