sick and fever!

stellababy

Reaction score
ladies, i am in need of some reassurance!

i have not been feeling well the last two days and today i came down with a fever. i am freaking out because

1. when i lost my baby around this far along in my pregnancy a few years ago i also had a fever

2. i am scared to take meds while pregnant but i obviously will if it goes above 101. its about 100.5 now.

i can understand logically chances are everything will be ok, but i am so scared of fever while pregnant and its brining up my past loss and i am terrified i will lose this baby! he is moving around all day thank god, but its so scary for me. please tell me good stories about having fever and things being ok!

I've had lots of fevers pregnant, all my kids are fine. Its scary but hopefully it passes quickly. If it gets too high obviously go in. I have taken Tylenol in all my pregnancies (headaches) but I know everyone has different preferences.

Also if you are worried ( expecially due to your past) please call or go in.

:hugs: I understand your worries. :hugs:

I had the flu over Christmas and hit fevers of 102.5-103, baby is okay and all is looking well. When I hit 103 my doctor said if it didn't go down I would have to go to the ER but thankfully it did after some Tylenol. I had fevers for 4 nights and it was scary - we made it through, and thankfully without an ER trip.

Call your doctor if you're concerned and just monitor your temp to try and keep it down.

ugh it sucks being sick while pregnant. sorry you ladies had to go through that. i called the doctors they told me to just rest and drink water and take Tylenol. so thats whats i am doing, didnt go to work today and taking it easy. soon my kids will get home from school not sure how i am going to take care of them today, i guess there is always TV for times like this...

We discovered our love for Finding Dory on Netflix when I was down with a sinus infection. I decided not to feel guilty about days where we watch lots of tv, it's not forever - just for the days when mommy needs rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->