Reaction score
He has:
- moderate/high fever (39.6C)
- vomiting
- severe gas pains
- shivers (only once)
- spots on his feet

:cry:

He seems happy and smiley one moment, then in tears the next. I phoned and the nurse said he needs to see the doctor in the morning (its only 6pm here) but that unless he goes over 40.5C to ride it out. It only started 3 hours ago literally out of nowhere!

What is this? No sniffles no congestion. I thought 39.6C was high?

If you are that worried hun i'd take him to the after hours doctor :hugs: xx

thats quite a high temp, could u ring nhs direct? have u got a walk in centre where u r? have u tested the spots on his feet to see if they disappear under a glass? x

I'd say 39.6 is a pretty high temp. I think if Lily was sick and it got to 39 I would take her straight to the dr, but I know you said you've already spoken to yours.

I would be tempted to take him somewhere now and not wait to see if it gets any higher. He might need antibiotics.

Not sure how things work in Canada; is there somewhere you can go now?

Hope he feels better really soon :hugs:

Oh sweetie, I agree just take him somewhere if you can xx

Have you given him Calpol (or equilvalent) and does it bring the temp down?
I was told at this age, that if their temp can be controlled by calpol and does go about 40.5 then stick with it. However if it carries on for three days then go ans see the dr.
As another poster said as well, have you tried the glass test with the rash?

However if you are worried.... and listen to your instinct then take him to A&E or ur out of hours dr. Put your mind at rest.
xx

That is high hun!! I would definitely take him to get checked out, though that was hours ago.... I hope he is feeling better and you got some answers!! x

Thanks girls

I suspect it's actually the flu now. Lots of vomiting overnight. We don't have after hours doctors (which is ridiculous IMO) and the emergency room was a 5-8 hour wait so we are going to take him to the doctor when he wakes up (its 8am here). Poor lil munchkin. Looks like his fever is breaking though. Slept 4am-7am which is not bad I guess, lol. Felt like having a newborn.

The worst part is that his flu shot (2nd half, first half was last month) was scheduled for this week! Typical! OH is staying home and brought me McDs breakfast :)

My poor lil man has a bad throat infection :( Has only drank 4oz of milk today :(

Aww poor little guy :( Hope he feels better soon.

:hug: Thank you peanut. He is on amoxillin (sp?), advil, and pedialyte for his dehydration. We made the mistake of taking his temp after a bath and it was down to 37 so we thought his fever broke and didnt take him in. Well stupid us, it got worse. His throat is burning. Was quite a flirt with the nurses though

Poor little fella! Sending love & hugs and health wishes! :hugs:

Ohh thank you girls (and mrsthomas I think the reflux makes the infection even worse, he had red face/blood curdling screams).

He slept 5pm-6:30am last night and I went in & gave him 2 feeds of cold milk and medication at midnight & 4am (unfortunately he was in so much pain from his throat he could not cry, so I just had to go at timed intervals or when he stirred). His throat is very raw and painful today but at least he slept. He was up 9am-5pm before though so that didn't hurt!

Hey hun i know exactly how you feel James started with a high temp on Jan 4th with similar symptoms he had it for a solid week (the high temp) and was having calpol & nuerofen to keep it down! He then didnt have one for a week andd a half and it came back and its eally only today that he seems much better! Its awful he has seem 4 doctors and all have said its viral! x

Oh gosh sorry hun jumped to reply James didnt have the sore throat poor guy hope he is better soon! x

Ahh poor little chap. Its awful when they are ill, hope he feels better soon. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->