Sick Baby Posts on Facebook

magicvw

Hoping for a 3rd
Reaction score
This is doing my head in today. I have now seen my fifth of the day - a picture of a really poorly baby, either with cancer or after a transplant, with some stupid message about sharing the awful picture in order to pay for some treatment. I am so angry about these chain posts! Just in case you have been tempted to carry on sharing, please be aware they are HOAXES! The baby's are ill but Facebook is not going to pay anything for those shares, so please leave those babies with some dignity :-(

For more info see https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2012/01/10/baby-cancer-and-heart-transplant-hoaxes-on-facebook/ and consider joining their facebook page to find out about real virus and hoax problems on FB! Thanks!

ive seen loads of these lately too & I realise that people mean well by sharing them but they need to think first...

these images must be really upsetting for the original family members

stuff that asks for shares/likes are usually ALL hoaxes so don't waste your time clicking on them

Well I had one too, shame about the babies but of course noone would take action just because of some facebook group..

The picture of the mum with the little girl. That child has unfortunately died and some sick freak keeps posting her pic which he stole. It's been reported to FB countless times. And what is worse is the mum of the baby is aware that her precious photo has been stolen and is devastated.

Please if you see the pics report them. Get them off of there.

The picture of the mum with the little girl. That child has unfortunately died and some sick freak keeps posting her pic which he stole. It's been reported to FB countless times. And what is worse is the mum of the baby is aware that her precious photo has been stolen and is devastated.

Please if you see the pics report them. Get them off of there.

Seriously that is just sick. Some people are just so cruel :cry:

I see one posted today about a little boy with a tumour and for every share facebook donates a dollar, I did assume it was a hoax.

what sort of idiot actually thinks theyre real though? urrghh some peoples stupidity irritates me.

I wouldn't be that harsh - the posts appeared shared by my mates, and I don't think my mates are idiots! They are people who care about babies and have no reason to think that there is anything fishy about the posts - that's why I want to spread the word. Not everyone is totally clued up about the internet - it doesn't mean they are idiots xxxx

ive seen loads aswell, i must admit, when i see these and them animal ones i never click on them :nope:

I wouldn't be that harsh - the posts appeared shared by my mates, and I don't think my mates are idiots! They are people who care about babies and have no reason to think that there is anything fishy about the posts - that's why I want to spread the word. Not everyone is totally clued up about the internet - it doesn't mean they are idiots xxxx

I do tend to agree with you here, the people that I see share these photos are ones that have babies/children themselves and I suppose just want to beleive the best iykwim.

I think I see them as hoaxes as everything that seems to be on facebook at the moment is a hoax or a con :dohh:

I must be really cynical then as I never fall for virus scams and email hoaxes and think theyre realllly obvious :shrug: IDK why someone would think facebook would do that?

Wouldn't it be cool if Facebook responded by DOING that. If they had some way of knowing how many times those pictures had been posted and then did donate some money to a relevant charity. Perhaps we should lobby them.

on second thoughts, that would encourage more spam. Bad idea lol.

I must be really cynical then as I never fall for virus scams and email hoaxes and think theyre realllly obvious :shrug: IDK why someone would think facebook would do that?

I think I'm the same, cynical that is and like I say I do see them all as hoaxes but I do get why some people would want to see them as 'real' and believe the best in things so to speak

I get hoax emails everyday now and know what to look for without even opening them. Everything seems to be either hoaxes or scams that comes via email. :)

clearly im extremely cynical- not harsh.

i do think you'd have to be a bit thick to think theyre real. if it were true youd have received an email telling you it was going round and true, and facebook would cream it brownie points for all theyre worth. No big organisation does good unless its going to get them somewhere.

Maman, surely if you've seen those posts it's because your own FB friends have reposted that stuff. Do you have thick friends? Are your friends idiots? If that's the case why are they on your FB?! At least five of my friends have posted these things and they are not idiots and they are not thick, and I'm a bit offended at you using those words tbh.

in all honesty- no i havent seen a single one! not meaning to offend you at all, but that is my opinion.

Your opinion is that my friends are thick? :shock:

I've seen the recent one of the baby with the tumour and it was posted by my cousin but tbf she's a bit of an idiot and an attention seeker

Yeah I think it's a bit silly, I mean come on...of course Facebook's not going to donate a dollar per share :wacko: It's just common sense. When I see it shared around I just think to myself "Use your brain, jeez!"

I am also SO SICK of seeing pictures of abused animals shared all over Facebook. I saw it a few times in one day on my FB on the weekend and got so irritated I made a status about it, it's not on - all I wanted to do was scroll through my newsfeed to see what people are getting up to and I see a picture of a dog with half it's face blown off :cry: No warning, nothing. I get that people want to spread awareness but it's not the right way to go about it.

I think it's fairly obvious that they are fake. I never share anything and it annoys me when I see them, some people are just too gullible! If Facebook was going to give money for something they just would, you wouldn't have to share a silly link to get them to do it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->