Sick of the baby name search!

HopefulEm

Reaction score
Anyone else sick of reading through baby names? Both DH and I are picky about names so the pool of names we both like is so small. Even when we do both like a name it often seems in a week or two the name doesn't feel right anymore.

I've been on name search duty and I feel like I've read over a million names at this point and that by the time our child arrives there will be no name I haven't heard of. :wacko:

It's such a big decision. I just want to sort this thing out so I can relax a bit and start visualizing having LO around.

Anyone else sick of reading through baby names? Both DH and I are picky about names so the pool of names we both like is so small. Even when we do both like a name it often seems in a week or two the name doesn't feel right anymore.

I've been on name search duty and I feel like I've read over a million names at this point and that by the time our child arrives there will be no name I haven't heard of. :wacko:

It's such a big decision. I just want to sort this thing out so I can relax a bit and start visualizing having LO around.

Yeah we had several names we liked, before we decided on one we really liked for a boy....then i heard that someone i work with is naming her baby boy that, and i saw it on two different medical claims in the same day, and we were at a yard sale not too long after that, and heard the woman call her child that name as well...argh!!! So we are back to square one...i guess we will really think hard about it once we find out if we need a boy name or not, because we already have a girl name solidified...

we've only just decided on a name. there were loads of names both hubby and I didn't like, some he liked but I didn't and some I liked but he didn't, it so hard to agree on names when theres only a few you like.

You haveAGES, don't sweat it. We were sure of our boy name last time then about 32 weeks heard something perfect and changed, i know people who changed after baby was born, you have a long time to decide :)

you'll find the perfect name yet! and theres one lady on here who changed her LOs name when he was a few months old, so don't fret! one name will just pop out, probably when you're least expecting it!

Yep. I read through 180 pages of flipping baby names the other day, wrote a list of 16 out and OH has managed to scribble them down to 4! And has only put 1 of his own on the list :dohh: at this rate he's being named "CHILD".

We had a girls names picked, but we're having a boy and as much as I love my son to little bits and pieces already boys names suckkkk!

Same here we liked 3 names and after 2 weeks didnt like them anymore!! I think we have narrowed it down to Jaxon or Ashton at this point but still not sure...I am afraid Jaxon is becoming so popular these days there will be tons of them!

hahaha I haven't even BEGUN the name search... :haha: this is gonna sound crazy but I was so obsessed last time I don't even feel like looking at names now :dohh: But I assume by third tri we should atleast come up with a couple options if its a boy or girl :D

Don't stress, when u see them born you will KNOW what their name is that second ;)

I'm really struggling with boy's names too. DH doesn't like any of my favourites. I'm hoping he'll come around eventually!

it keeps me awake at night sometimes =/
Me and OH can't agree on a name for either sex this time, at least last time we agreed on a boy's and then had a boy
I've had a few I've really liked but OH hasn't liked them at all, I'm hoping I can change his mind tbh because I feel like between both pregnancies, I've covered all the ones i really like.
Also, I love my son's name and I'm scared this baby's name is never going to match/ be something I like as much

We are having a nightmare. We have to think of a girl and a boy for the twins. Girl wise we at least have a few that both me and DH like (but each have a different favourite) but boys names we are at complete logger heads! The names he likes I REALLY don't like and vice versa. It's driving me mad! This time round I want to have already made the decision.... Last time I was so tired that I agreed to DH's first choice for a bit of peace and regretted it for weeks!

I have to find 2 names let alone 1.

I am so sick and tired of names I gave up around 10 weeks or so. I told my husband to pick the names and let me know.

annoyed with everytime I say a name someone says OH I know so and so and I dont like her or something stupid like that UGGGGGGGH!

I'm really struggling with boy's names too. DH doesn't like any of my favourites. I'm hoping he'll come around eventually!

Boy names are what we're having trouble with as well! What is it about them?

We actually do have a girl name, but given we're staying team yellow we really need both. Boy names are impossible!

Personally I really don't want to change baby's name later on; it wouldn't feel right to me. So we really need to come up with something with enough advanced notice that we have time to prove to ourselves that we're not going to get sick of it.

hahaha I haven't even BEGUN the name search... :haha: this is gonna sound crazy but I was so obsessed last time I don't even feel like looking at names now :dohh: But I assume by third tri we should atleast come up with a couple options if its a boy or girl :D

I can understand that. Going through names was fun in the beginning, but now I keep thinking I hope it's a girl because if we have to use up the boy name we're having so much trouble with I'm really not looking forward to having to do it all over again when we get to baby #2.

We came up with boys names SO much easier. I REALLY felt like we'd never find that "AHA" moment, but we did! It was out of the blue and it truly felt like THE name. :) Best of luck ladies!

I have a feeling were having a girl but ive got so many boy names i like but no girl names yet. So ill have to keep searching for a girl name that we both like. Atleast we still have heaps of time.

I couldnt imagine changing a babys name after its born, would seem like alot of hassel telling everyone.

I had a boy name picked with my son before I was pregnant, DH agreed to it, and we found out it was a boy- DONE!

But this time.....ugh!!! First off, why can't I name the baby by myself? :haha: DH kinda threw it in my face that I picked our son's name and he agreed, implying that he should pick this LO's name and I should just agree. :saywhat: so unfair! Then, he picked a girl's name weeks ago and I agreed to it (honestly thinking this was another boy) but its starting to look like this baby might be a girl and he got upset when I tried to back out......anyway, this makes me sound so selfish wanting it to be my choice but I can't imagine naming my baby something I don't just love. And we don't love the same names.

Anyway, I can relate. I know that when I see my beautiful LO I will fall in love with the name too, when I associate it with my baby. I hope...

Don't stress, when u see them born you will KNOW what their name is that second ;)

Wouldn't that be nice LOL!
We spent last pregnancy agonizing over girls names. We have a huge list of boys names, but no girls names we both really like. When she was born we hoped it would become clear, but it took us another 2 days to name her. Then we changed it 3 weeks later!!! And we still aren't 100% happy 2 years later LOL :haha: If this one is a girl we're in serious trouble! So I haven't thought of names yet at all. If it's a boy it will take us about a day to decide. If it's a girl, I don't know if she'll ever have a name :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->