sick toddler - quick advice for morning

Cattia

Reaction score
Went to check on Abigail and found her and her bed covered in sick :( Have got her up, showered and changed her and she is now back asleep. She is fine in herself. Would you give her milk and breakfast as normal in the morning? She was asking for milk when we put her back to bed but I didn't give her any. We went to see some friends at the weekend and their little girl has been sick a couple of times since so I guess it is a mild bug?

I would give her sips of water...I wouldn't let her gulp it, but a sip every few minutes. I wouldn't give milk. If she is fine in a few hours, I would let her try something else...maybe some watered down apple juice, or maybe a bit of warm milk...not too much though. If that's OK, maybe some broth soup and some crackers. Always offer water, pedialyte, or breastmilk when vomitting. It won't make it worse, and that's what they would do in the hospital...

^^ agree....I'd avoid dairy until it's definitely passed...I was advised BRAT foods...banana, rice, apple (stewed) and toast! Sips of water and,,, if she's very sick, a bit of sugar dissolved in cooled, boiled.

Get well soon, Abigail :hugs:

Thanks ladies, so if I offered her some expressed breastmilk, would that be OK?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->