Sick.....

gingajewel

Mommy to Megan
Reaction score
My lo is 15 weeks old and has suspected cmpi so is on prescription formula (puramino) she is so sick, constantly!
Today she has been sick 9 times, not just a bit of spit up but actually running down her/me/the sofa. Is this normal? I am so used to it now that I just clean her up and it doesn't upset her but I'm wondering whether it's worth going to the doctor?
She also has suspected silent reflux so is on gaviscon?

My son was suspected cmpi but no doctors would help me, ended up having to go it alone but he was sick all the time! Trying keeping her upright for a good 30 mins after a feed, it's awful on the night feeds but it does help.
I was prescribed gaviscon for him too because they said his symptoms were just reflux (didn't realise reflux came with diarrhoea, screaming and a rash lol) it didn't really help the sickness but it makes the milk thicker so a bit more stays down.
It'll get better when you start weaning, I only found my sons sickness subsided about 8/9 months too. Just be prepared for lots of packet reading when she starts food lol X

My DS was like this, everything was constantly covered in sick, it started about 9/10 weeks so late for reflux apparently. About 3/4 of every feed would come up but it didn't bother him at all. We tried gaviscon, anti reflux milk, comfort milk, non dairy milk etc and dr etc advised we wean early it was so bad. Only feed that didn't come up was one we dreamfed so I was always dubious it was reflux. At 10 months he was refusing all milk and hardly any nappies, HV advised giving a bottle of cows milk and it was like a miracle, he couldn't get enough of it and it stayed down. No idea what the problem was but he was the same with expressed breast milk and formula. We are now gluten free after lots of paed visits and bloods etc but there's no gluten in formula so that wasn't the problem. No idea what the issueless but it did get better. As long as she's having lots of wet nappies, gaining weight and seems happy I wouldn't worry. It will get better eventually. Get your OH to treat you to a nice new perfume to hide the constant eau'd sick.

Mine has diagnosed CMPA and is still sick (like full change of her, the adult and whatever surface she was in/on) fairly regularly and has diarrhoea fairly often to. Sick 2+times a day and diarrhoea 3 days out of 7 days

She is on Prejestimil and diagnosed with reflux. We tried her on gavison and that upset her bowels as its not meant to be mixed with the type of milk shes on. We tried ranitidine but that actually made her more sick so we've gone back to basics of holding her upright after feeds for 30 minutes and burping her every 20mls. It hlpes but isnt any kind of cure.

Despite all this is she now gaining constantly and staying on the 9th percentile line now. So I don want to rock the boat. My eldest was horrifically sick and constipated until she was weaned, so I know there is light at the end of the tunnel

I would check that gaviscon can be mixed with that formula as my GP didnt know about ours.

My son had on Neocate (had CMPI) and the pediatrician also gave me a prescription for Carobel (you don't need a px you can get it over the counter at boots) and it thickens the milk slightly. It really helped. Most those milks are quite thin

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->