Side-snap pocket nappies

Mary Jo

Mummy to Adam and Joel
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend me some?

I have been having such trouble with Adam, getting his nappy on, that I have, in the depths of my stress and anxiety, contemplated giving up cloth and using pull ups. :( I don't want to do that (but will if it is a fight between our collective sanity and my principles).

I asked on CNT and someone suggested Swaddlebees side snapping pockets worked as a pull up for a very small toddler-type baby who won't lie down. I've found some available but apparently they're being discontinued. I'd snap (ha ha) them up as they're on offer but am worried I'll find they're great and then not be able to get more... I'd rather not know they were good, iyswim.

So, any other ideas here? I am trying to think of lots of different options so I don't get depressed and feel I've exhausted everything and I just can't do it any more (which is how I am feeling at the end of each change at the moment :cry: ). I need hope that one day things will be better!

I have some Blueberry Minkys which are side snap - tbh though I cant say they are any easier than front snaps.

Like these https://www.babykind.co.uk/blueberryISminkisidesnaporder.php

Do you mean cos he wont lay down at nappy time so you want to put them on him standing up? x

Do you mean cos he wont lay down at nappy time so you want to put them on him standing up? x

Yes, exactly. I would like to be able to fasten them a little bit and put them on like a pull up. I can do this with some of my nappies but where there is a booster tongue that needs to be folded, and a liner, I get into an untidy and uncomfortable mess. So it needs to be something that doesn't have any loose parts. I manage to get his ME Airflow wraps on fine when he's crawling away, so I imagine side snaps would be similar?

Swaddlebees were recommended I believe because they are very trim, like pants.

I had the HV round today for his belated 8-month check and told her about his resistance to lying down; she saw what I meant when he utterly refused to have his hips checked, and from the other day at the clinic when he refused to be measured. Well she suggested he see a paediatrician. No idea what a paediatrician would do, other than check that he hasn't a problem with his back (which if he does came on RIGHT when he learnt to crawl, there was no bad nappy time before then, he was a little angel :( ).

B has started doing this slightly as well; makes nappy changes tricky, I must agree with you!

Blueberry do really good sidesnaps, and if your planning on trying to change him whilst he'd stood up, I think it'd be pretty easy with one of these. But BB are my favourites, so perhaps I'm awfully biased!

:( I've just looked up Blueberry side snap, and they're also being discontinued. :hissy:

Are they an unpopular type of nappy, or something?

I didn't think they were; I suppose the price may put some people off, or peraps that it isn't a BTP nappy, but I think they are fabulous. They are such a good fit on Bethan, that if I could afford it, I'd have her in them all the time.

Babykind have them reduced at the minute; https://www.babykind.co.uk/blueberryISminkisidesnaporder.php

(Do you think I should work for BB?! :rofl:)

They have no Large left. :cry: I can only find ONE Large Swaddlebees as well, on Babykind, in a pale yellow. Don't know whether to get it, it's £9.10 plus £3 for the insert. Grrrr. Loads of the other colours say they're available in Large but when you click on them, they are actually out of stock.

That's really rubbish! Are Itti Bitt D'lish Side Snap?

Although it might be a bit more difficult adding in an extra step, you could maybe try some really stretchy fitteds (can't think of any at the moment but I know there are some) with some pull up wool pants over the top. If the fitted was stretchy enough you could probably put them on like pants and tighten them while he was standing if needs be, and wool pants like Disanas are just like shorts, nothing to tie or fasten.

I checked the blueberry site - and there is no sign of side snaps, so yeh they must be unpopular seeing as that other kind are stopped too - dont know why though - I dont have an problem with side snaps

WN do a side snap https://weenotions.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=264

Havent tried that kind personally so cant comment - but WN in general are good nappies!

Ah good, I haven't tried Wee Notions myself but I've heard of their great reputation. Good to know there's something. Katy, let us know how you get on with them. :)

Think it'll be a couple of weeks before they're here. I ordered them about 10 days ago xx

Purely out of nosiness, what exactly did you order? :lol: Is everything custom made?

I've ordered a Swaddlebees pocket from Babykind, in Butter, not my ideal but oh well. All I could find that actually was available in Large other than that was White. Also found that Cyberstrawberry seems to be selling them, in all the colours, but full price (£14.50); inserts are £5.25 (hemp) and £3.50 (microterry). I'll see how the cheap Babykind one is before I get any more, if they are actually still available, because £18-£19.25, not inc p&p is expensive for me. :( I just paid £13.10, which is ok.

eta: I'm getting White after all. Just had a call from Babykind, Butter isn't in stock. White is the only one left. Sheesh!

I have a few pocketbots www.pocketbots.co.uk and they are side snaps; I always take them if we're out and about. I've only tried the originals I'm waiting on a couple of V2s to arrive.

eco bubs are side snaps.

https://www.babipur.co.uk/shop/Washable_Nappies-Ecobubs_Wool_Nappies/c23_59/index.html

I tried WNSS and we always got terrible wing droop with them :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->