SIDS Monitor

Dia0624

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I am interested in getting the Snuza or the AngelCare monitor for SIDS. I am not sure if I should just get one of the above, or both. Would love to know your thoughts. I've been seeing so much on SIDS lately that it scares me so I don't mind getting both as long as it work and causes no harm to my child.

Thank you!!

We had the angelcare one. I really liked it. Breathing monitor has different sensitivity settings. Lots of people I know said there's went off a few times but we had ours on low sensitivity so it's only gone off a couple of times. Terrifying when it happens but it's only been when he's rolled right off the mat

I bought the snuza go...you can get them on eBay for almost half the price than what you'd pay in store or brand new online, to me it's totally worth it...my second baby was choking one time when she was a couple weeks old, we were in bed and I was facing away from her and my husband was facing her, it was dark but he could kind of see her and asked me why she was flapping her arms, as soon as he said that, I knew something was wrong, I grabbed her and he turned the lights on, she was choking on her own vomit, her lips were turning blue-Thank God we caught it in time, at that time we didn't know anything like this existed and afterwards we always kept her on an incline to sleep...I know things can happen but I feel like we might have atleast a chance to save our baby if the worst happened and he stopped breathing, I tested it out by holding it very still, it never alarmed which to me shows its good because no matter how still you are, you are still going to have subtle movements, however when I laid it flat on my kitchen table, it went off like a charm after 15 seconds.

We've got the angelcare, used it for my two, soon to be three children and I wouldn't be without it! Helps me sleep easier. We even use it for naps!
I used it until they were about 2!! Yes I am a little paranoid but I worry so much about SIDS I think I'd be up every 5 minutes checking on them.

We used the angelcare while baby was in her crib, and the Snuza while she was in her car seat or stroller. It may be a bit excessive to have both, but I had a sister that passed away from SIDS so I didn't want to take any chances. If you only want to buy one I would buy the angelcare. I found it more reliable. We had lots of false alarms with the Snuza.

The snuza is what we had with my son but we never used it. We found it was really to bulky to fit under his clothes well. This time I think we'll be getting the angel care one.

We used the angelcare with our DD and will be doing the same with this one. Highly recommend.

We got the Angelcare deluxe off ebay for less than $100. I like the fact that it comes with 2 pads so it'll still be effective when child starts tossing & turning.

I had angelcare for my DD. she's only just come off it at almost 2! Wouldn't live without it and will certainly be using it for her sister

We have the angelcare, I have been testing it out on my dog (lol) and it seems to work pretty well!

Thanks so much everyone!! I will def get the angel care. I am going to see if I should get the snuza too so we can use it if she is not in her crib or at daycare. Thanks for the tip on the delux, I didn't know I could get two padS. I'll look into that version too!

I used a snuza go, loved it because it was portable so could wear it at nana's house, or day time naps etc.

Whats the difference between the regular snuza and the snuza go? They book look portable and can be used anywhere.

I can't remember at all the difference! Sorry :)

Oh no problem, I just read that the halo vibrates but the Go only sends off an alarm. I guess the alarm is more useful so maybe I'll get the snuza Go.. its cheaper too.

I believe the regular snuza has a vibrate function that will essentially try to wake the baby first and the snuza go just alarms when it detects no movement-we went with the snuza go because if for some reason my baby stops breathing, I want to know right a way. As far as another poster saying the snuza is too bulky, that could be another difference though I'm not sure however the snuza go is super tiny, I was surprised by the size and weight of it when I got it.

I got the Angle care monitor but oddly enough never used it for DD. She slept right next to me up to 6 mos. and even when she went into her own room we only used it a couple times. I would forget to turn it off before picking her up and the alarm would blare. Might try it with this one though.

We are thinking of getting the Angelcare monitor. Loeylo, I love that you are testing it on your dog! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->