Signed off work at 28 weeks, anyone else?

happy1

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
Hi, I have been signed off work until 34 weeks when my maternity leave starts. I have been diagnosed with PGP which my physio says is the new term for SPD.
My g.p herself suffered with this during her own pregnancy, so was very supportive. She told me to stop working now, as I am a nurse, so on my feet a fair bit.
Has anyone else been signed off this early? I can't get my head around the fact that I won't be returning to work until July 2014. I don't think it has sunk in yet!

I'm going on medical leave at 33 weeks and then starting my year mat leave when baby comes. I hope she comes early because I don't really want 7 weeks off beforehand, because I've done a lot to prep already and don't have much to take up my time! But absolutely cannot work anymore! I'm a massage therapist and it's been so hard for about he last 5 weeks!

I was off sick with a back problem before I got my :bfp: I have had 6 months off sick because my back has just got worse with pregnancy, and I am now using up annual leave before maternity leave. Its quite scary when I look back and think I havent worked at all in my whole pregnancy!!

I'm hoping for an early baby too, not too early, 38 weeks would be great! If only! :)

What sort of things have you ladies been doing to pass the time? I have quite limited mobility, so am quite restricted when it comes to getting out and about. We are currently trying to sell our home and move on, so I have been spending loads of time on property sites. I don't sleep well at night so I try and have a nap in the day too to catch up.

I don't feel bored yet, but I have a while to go! :)

I've been signed off since 21 weeks - am now 38+3 and very, very bored. Same thing, SPD so not mobile, I don't drive, can't fill days cleaning etc because end up in lots of pain. Just bored.

I've had my computer and getting things ready around the house. I don't really have huge mobility issues (and do drive), but can't walk for long periods of time. I get pain from time to time, but mainly if I overdue it. The nursery is just about ready now and still have some other things to sort through/ organize.

I am off too and have been off since 12 weeks as had to have laparotomy whilst pg. Wont be back till next June 2014 which is mad. Glad to know i'm not alone girls!

ive only worked one week in my preg, partly due to back and hip problems, liver problem and allergies (weird ones that make me have blood coming from my sinuses. :) ). i thought i would go demented but it has actually gone really fast, ive been on here a good bit, have been walking and swimming, not sure if u can.
have had loads of doc , physio and hosp app and im lucky my family live close so i can visit them.
been googling lots of baby stuff.
been looking up sites for bargains for bub.
made lots of lists and plans for bub, mainly to occupy me ;)
also got meditation and hypono cds to listen to.
hoping u will be pleasantly surprised like i was how u adjust :)

my 2 year old has kept me busy and facebook is my new best friend lol. I have also been making the most of my DD still taking naps so some days we have a nap while my DS is at school. I have got bored some days especially more recently as the pain has got worse so even walking down the road and back to do the school run has been difficult.

when i start to feel peed off about being grounded :) i just rub my tummy and remind myself it will all be worth it in the end :)
i lost my last bub last may so it makes me really appreciate this one more :)
it isnt a life time and u wil look back one day and miss the kicks and nice feelings of having bub in ur tummy ;)

I was signed off work with sciatica at 28 weeks with my pregnancy with DS as I was a nursery nurse at the time and working was impossible...not that I got much more rest at home as had DD to look after though anyway :D lol!

Oh and I'd double check that you will still be able to start your leave at 38 weeks, I'm sure if you are signed off early then you have to take your maternity leave early also .... Will try to find a link where I've seen it

X

It says on a few websites that your maternity leave must start four weeks before estimated due date

X

i didnt have to start mat leave early but companies can make u take 4 weeks before if u are out sick, it depends on the company if they will or not.
i work for the hse and there was no mention of my having to do that.
i am startin 4 weeks before due date at it was my choice for money reasons . :)
im in ireland so not sure if its same in other places

Okay ignore me just re read your post, I thought you had put 38 weeks not 34 weeks!!

X

just noticed ur initial post says u r starting mat leave at 34 weeks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->