Signifcant other not wanting a baby...

B

babycraze19

Hey my name is Kayla. Me and my husband have been together for 2 and some years. He knows that i've always wanted a baby, ever since my little cousin was born and even more sore now that his brother had a baby. We were planning on having one in the next two years, however we went for supper last night and he said all of a sudden that he wanted to wait and I was just like :dohh: where did this come from?...ha so I was wondering if there are any tips to get your significant other to just see things from your point of view and if your significant other deicded to have a baby what changed his mind? I'm starting to get really frustrated. Sorry for the rant, Thanks guys

Men change there mind constantly. My OH and I have talked about it TONS and we had to talk about all our concerns and worries, money issues just threw it all out on the table and figured out when it would be best for us. Once we talked about it, hopes dreams ect. things got easy and he was on board for the baby making business. Hope all works out for you!

My husband sounds a lot like yours. Even though sometimes I wish we started earlier because I was ready years ago, I am ultimately glad I waited until he was ready.

Seriously though, I don't think he understood how hard it could be. He had this idea in his head that the month we tried would be it and he wanted to plan out the birth date and all that jazz. It hasn't kicked in until recently how much goes into this plus sheer luck (all the right conditions must line up!). Now he's given up planning and realizes that it will happen when it happens.

However, it would be much worse if I had no support through the process because it can be an emotional rollercoaster. So a supportive OH is a must for me!

I think men get frightened and change their minds.
Mine changes his mind all the time-first I thought we'd be ttc 6 mos after my mc, then it was 2 yrs, then it was 5 yrs, now it's sometime btwn now and 2020.

My OH changed his mind a lot too. He started at never, then in the distant future, then in two months and now he's saying in a little over a year. I think they just need a chance to get their heads round it. And also to realise how much you want it. xx

i dont no really its hard... My OH always wanted to have a child as bad as i do

Maybe he's just a little scared now. He probably still wants a child badly but may just be having some reservations. Try talking to him a bit more. Good Luck! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->