Signs of early mc

Juice

Reaction score
I am usually as regular as clockwork on my 28 day cycle. Last month I was 4 days late..and of course incredibly excited during those days. But then the :witch: arrived with a vengence...I was particualrly heavy for a couple of days (very unlike me). Do you think this sounds like an early mc?

Stupid question...with a missed mc, does this literally mean you mc without realising until its picked up with a medical examination?

Sorry to be so divvy :dohh:

I had a missed Miscarriage and was confused as to what it meant originally. A missed miscarriage is one that is not known and usually found in a subsequent ultrasound. example, in my case, the heartbeat stopped at 7 weeks but I did not know until my 8 wk scan - at which case I was scheduled for a D&C the next day.

Had I started bleeding heavily and passed tissue etc etc - it would have been considered a miscarriage - not a missed mc... So my understanding is that if you have no symptoms of miscarriage and don't know the baby died, not until it was discovered by medical intervention, that would be a mmc...

did you ever take a test? Anything is possible - but since it was only a couple of days, it could have been anything. really really hard to say. How are you feeling now?

Well i think its more likely to be a chemical pregnancy. I tested positive and then started to bleed about 3 days later and when i tested it was negative. My AF was pretty painless but i think thats unusual tbh. The main difference for me was the clots. There were quite a lot. Because of the clots i know i have never had a chemical before. There were just much more. I hope that helps you. x

I had a missed Miscarriage and was confused as to what it meant originally. A missed miscarriage is one that is not known and usually found in a subsequent ultrasound. example, in my case, the heartbeat stopped at 7 weeks but I did not know until my 8 wk scan - at which case I was scheduled for a D&C the next day.

Had I started bleeding heavily and passed tissue etc etc - it would have been considered a miscarriage - not a missed mc... So my understanding is that if you have no symptoms of miscarriage and don't know the baby died, not until it was discovered by medical intervention, that would be a mmc...

did you ever take a test? Anything is possible - but since it was only a couple of days, it could have been anything. really really hard to say. How are you feeling now?

Hi Tina
Thanks so much for your response. It sounds as though a mmc is a particularly horrendous thing to go through and I am so sorry to hear you have been through that.

I didn't get a chance to test at the time as we were on hols and AF came as soon as we got home. I feel fine now thanks and will remain optimistic for the news this month could bring. I wish you all the very best :hugs:

Thanks for your response. Yes, I had a fair bit of clotting so that could be the case.

Because I never knew for sure, I didn't really find it any more dissappointing than all the other times AF comes along. I was just interested more than anything.

I hope all goes well for you in 4 days time :flower:

Thank you. Not feeling too hopeful as i have AF cramps but you never know. I dont think i got upset so much about m/c a baby, more that i thought i was pregnant and then i wasnt. It was just such a dissapointment. Now i just dont want to test early, although in truth, i didnt that time. I tested on the day AF was due. I got a cb digital and it told me 1-2 weeks pregnant. I was just so happy! ..only a few days later to find i was bleeding and to take a test and the cold hard truth staring me in the face as the words ' not pregnant' stared me in the face. To me though, i greived over not being pregnant because as far as i see it, it was never a baby. The cells never implanted so that was that.

Oh boy I can't imagine testing BFP only to have the excitement torn away from you days later. It certainly makes me think twice about early testing.

I shall be thinking of you through this week..let us know how you get on :hugs:

Hi All

Hope you don't mind me coming in on this thread. Juice, the same thing happened to me last month. I knew when my period was due as was using the CBFM, which starts to flash 'm' when AF is imminent. I can also pinpoint when I'm due to the day from when I get Ov signs.

Last month, I expected AF on the Friday and it didn't start until late on the Monday. The CBFM started to flash the warning of AF on the Wednesday morning, so AF didn't arrive until its sixth day of saying this, which seemed late. I'd actually just been to Asda shopping and bought 2 tests and it started on my return home! I also had some different symptoms the few days before AF arrived, tender bbs but the tenderness came and went in waves, rather then being constant, plus some nausea in waves too. I did feel pregnant and really thought it was my month but :nope: I didn't test early at all so will never know if I would have had a BFP and that it was a chem preg.

My AF was a bit different to usual. Like you, mumoffive, it was more clots that was the main difference. I usually have very few but there was so much more last month, plus a bit heavier flow too and a different shade of red (sorry TMI)!

Here's hoping this month is the month for all of us :kiss:

Hi Nat

Thanks for your response. That must have been so upsetting for you :cry:. I can't say that I felt pregnant (I've not experienced any such feelings over the year we've been trying) but was dead excited as it is so very unlike me to be late.

As you say...here's hoping the babydust sprinkles our way this month :thumbup: xxx

Hi Juice

I didn't get upset really, think because it wasn't that late and also I didn't test so never got a BFP and then AF. I wish I had test in a way, at least I'd have known that I could conceive then, so guess I'm hoping it was a chemical pregnancy in a way as at least that would show I can at least conceive but that bean just wasn't meant to be :shrug:

Good luck this month :kiss:

x

I agree with Mo5, sounds like a chemical...I have had two and also a missed miscarriage at 10 weeks. As has been said, it is a medical term to describe the type of mc, one were the embryo has died but not spontaneously lost. These usually require medical intervention to remove the 'products of conception ' (icky term I know) - either by tablets or surgery. A spontaneous miscarriage will start on its own and no interventions usually necessary unless there are complications.

I found having a missed mc extremely traumatic, knowing my baby had died but no signs of bleeding really messed with my head, just wanted it over so could move on, then the other part of me wanted to hold onto my baby for as long as I could. Its all so individual...did make the chemicals easier to cope with as I felt it was a little ball of cells - albeit the start of my baby - that wasnt healthy enough to stick around...

I figured I just had to accept it as part of my poas addiction - I was one day late for af, gonna wait for at least 5 if i can this time :wacko:

Hey girls

@ Nat...that's a really good point, if it was a chemical mc then it is reassuring to know that conception can happen. Let's watch this space and good luck to you.

@ Loopilollipop..thanks so much for your response. I'm so sorry to hear about your missed mc - I can only begin to imagine how that must play with your head. Wishing lots and lots of lucky baby dust xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->