Signs of Pre-E??

awnmyown

Reaction score
So at my last OBGYN appointment (last Wednesday @ 24w), they found protein in my urine. Enough for the doctor to take note. She told me to drink more water and she was going to wait to see if it improved at my next appointment. Nothing more then that. Oh, and my blood pressure had been a bit high, but she had just given me news of "cysts in the brain" of our LO on the anatomy scan :p

No biggie, as I'm sure the protein levels weren't high enough to make her panic. She was going to have some more testing done when I had my hospital appointment at 28 weeks.

So Saturday morning I woke up, went to the bathroom for my usual morning vomit session, and there were "light worms".

Hard to describe, but strings of light were kaledescoping in my vision. They lasted long enough for me to wonder what was going on, realize it was in my vision, freak out a bit, splash water on my face and then head back to bed and lay down.

Has anyone had this? Could it be related to Pre-E?? I'm going to ring the doc if it happens again, and for sure talk about it at my next appointment, but I wasn't sure if it's just an oddity, or something more serious....

From the Nhs

Early signs of pre-eclampsia include having high blood pressure (hypertension) and protein in your urine (proteinuria).

In some cases, further symptoms can develop, including:
•swelling of the feet, ankles, face and hands caused by fluid retention (oedema)
•severe headache
•vision problems
•pain just below the ribs

If you notice any symptoms of pre-eclampsia, seek medical advice immediately.

The protein teamed with the vision issues would make me ring up hun. I had pre e with my first and ny only signs were slightly high bp for me and protein, I was up to +4 when I was admitted. My feet also swelled.

If baby is ok and still growing they can manage it with drugs x

If you are concerned then ring the hospital straight away. It's not something you really want to mess around with. With my first I had never heard of it and never understood what it was. I'm 100% positive I had it though, the doctors always said it was borderline but the more I read about it the more I know I had it.
I was swollen with fluid for months, towards the end of pregnancy I was unrecognisable and in so much pain cause I had so much fluid. Constant protein in my urine plus my blood pressure was all over the place. I was admitted for bedrest about 34 weeks cause I had really bad headaches and just felt weird, double vision dizzy, black spots etc. At 37 weeks at a scan they realised my baby had stopped growing so they induced me at 38 weeks but I didn't get my little princess till 39+3 after a c section.
Bed rest does help with bad blood pressure though. And defo try and drink plenty of fluid. Fingers crossed its not pre-E cause it isn't pleasant but it's always better to be safe than sorry and get checked out xx

It is always best to get checked out with these things if you are worried. 24 weeks would be quite early for pre-e, but not impossible.

High blood pressure is quite common in pregnancy, and pre-e isn't just high blood pressure, that is just one of the symptoms, however the fact you have had funny vision is also a point to consider.

I had pre-e in my first pregnancy, and in my experience when it really sets in, boy do you know about it. I had fuzzy vision and the pain in my head was so bad, I actually felt quite delirious. I remember my blood pressure reaching 154/117. I self referred myself to the maternity triage, I was admitted immediately and induced the next day. I was lucky that I was already 39 weeks, so it was safe for me just to get on and have the baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->