signs of pre eclampsia?

maratobe

Reaction score
hi all!
for the last week i have been incredibly stressed (family death, moving, money issues) and i started getting this pain under my ribs that radiates through to my back and shoulders last wednesday and i noticed swollen feet, well since then the pain constantly comes and goes along with headaches! my head ache was that bad yesterday i had to have a lay down and woke up sweating and my hubby said my eyes looked swollen!
i know its not my gall bladder because i had that removed 4 weeks ago after being rushed to hospital.
i have my doctors appointment today but im worried that are just gonna say its nothing! :( the pain feels like a tight belt around my ribs or a stack of bricks putting pressure on me.
has anyone had this before??:nope:

Whatever you do, do NOT let them brush you off. A good doctor or midwife should always address the concerns of a pregnant woman.

What they'll probably look for along with the swelling is high BP and protein in your urine. Describe the pains you've been feeling, and the headaches, and stress the severity.

I was exhibiting some of the other signs for pre-eclampsia recently, just not pain. My MW told me to contact them immediately if I did start experiencing bad headaches or chest/limb pain.

Good Luck and I hope it's not the case for you (it results in doctor-ordered bed rest).

I was induced 3 weeks early because of pre-eclampsia. My signs were upper stomach pain for like a week before, really swollen feet and ankles and high blood pressure. My BP was normally really low, and it started climbing I would say about 2 weeks before my LO was born. Definitely don't let them brush you off, sounds a lot like what I went through. Best of luck! :hugs:

I had pre e in previous pregnancy and my symptoms were swelling especially in face, high weight gain, spots in front of eyes, extremely high BP and 3+ protein in urine. As soon as BP went overboard and high protein I was having EMCS within 30 minutes. Don't let the doctors fob you off, I had signs of pre-e before but wasn't diagnosed until BP and protein sky high. GL x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->