silent m/c

dannii90

Reaction score
I went for a private scan when I was 6weeks they saw a heartbeat and a healthy fetus. I went to the hospital on my 21st for my dating scan and they said they couldn't find a heartbeat and my baby had stopped growing hearing this I broke down. I was in shock I couldn't believe it. I need help I don't know what to do I said i needed time to think I opted for natural m/c as I didn't know what the others where. And deep down I'm hoping the scan is wrong. When will I bleed an when can I try again?

Sorry for the essay xx

I was sumwhat in the same situation the doctor jsut said to me ah well its just stoped growing nothing we can do now you can have a D&C take tablets or just wait for it to happen naturally and like you i jsut said eh hello i need time to get me head around this.
in the meantime they booked me in for a D&C for a couple of days later incase i changed my mind. the following day i went to another maternity hospital a&e and told them i started to bleed just so i could get a second opinion. now it turned out they got the same result but it put my mind at ease. so i decided to have a d&c as my sister had a medical one were they give you the tablets and was 3 weeks in and out of hospital. im now 3 weeks and 5 days after the D&C and waiting on blood back from the doctors to see if im pregnant again so it depends on wht you think you can cope with hunnie i just wanted everything back to normal as soon as possible. good luck hunnie and if you wanna ask me anything else feel free
love and hugs to you

Thank you is a d&c th best way 2 go as th doctor at th hospital never explained what any of them were. We want to keep tryin but it took us ages to fall preg th first time. Sorry about ur loss I hope ur results come bk that u are pregnant xxx

Personaly for me it was i didnt want to do the whole waiting game and when i went and had it done i wasn't in any pain and only bled for 2 days i had about 2 half hour spells of contraction like pains but the painkillers worked for that so for me it was,

the medical one were they give you the tablets my sister said she bled for three weeks and had to take 3 sets of the tablets and had a lot more pain

naturaly you just have to wait untill your body decides its ready to let go of everything and even then might not get rid of all the baby stuff left inside you so youd need a d&c anyway (sorry not a nice way to put it ) take your time and decide what will be best for you hun and dont let anyone even doctors tell you what to do go wit your gut xx
all the best let us know how you get on k

love to you x

Thank you. I know what they all mean now the doctors didn't tell me nothing. Il wait til my appointment then if nothing has happened il have the d&c

Thank you loads
Love to you xxx

good luck to you hun i added you to my friends list so keep in touch an dlet us know how your getting on xxx
love to you xxx

Hi thank u. How do I c my friend list I'm nw on here lol xx I jst feel reli down all th time. Xx

lol im new to if you click on your name where you log in and hav a luk around dats how i find it lol

Thank you. I know what they all mean now the doctors didn't tell me nothing. Il wait til my appointment then if nothing has happened il have the d&c

Thank you loads
Love to you xxx

Hi I would just like to say that although everyone is different i had a d/c after my m/c at 18wks and it has really messed up my cycles and it seems to be taking my lining along time to thicken back up. If you can avoid having the procedure done then i would advice not having it but it is up to you and i am only giving my advice from personal experience hun.

I didnt have a d&c, I let it happen natural. It was very painful, lots of contractions and pressure. I was only 7 weeks along. i only bled for a week though total. Just go to the dr. afterwards and make sure all the tissue is out. So sorry for ur loss. Its been a yr for us and it still hurts. Wish u the best

Thank you for your comments iv decided if nothing has happened by the 16th I'm going to opt for the tablets. I will let you all no what happens love to you all xx

I no this is prob a stupid question bt there was blood on my tissue does that mean its th start of th m/c I am gettin cramps xx

Could be but i had this on and of for over 5 weeks. I came to the conclusion my body jus didn want 2 let go. I ended up going for D and C in the end. Had it on Fri and im still bleeding a little on and off. Jus hope my Body will soon go bac to normal, so we can start again. All the best.

Dannii90 - so sorry to hear your news. Very similar to my situation, it happened to me twice in 1 year, first time I had a d & c as this was recommended by the hospital as I was 13 weeks and no sign of any bleeding. 2nd time it happened naturally at 12 weeks, 3 days after my dating scan. Both were very difficult but the second time I was advised to try and let it happen naturally as a 2nd d & c could thin my lining! I decided to go with the advice and did feel more closure than the first time however all I would advise is to makesure you have some strong painkillers as you will experience contractions and pressure. Go with whatever you think is best hun. In terms of trying again there is no rule really just whenever you feel the time is right. Take care :hugs:

Dannii90 - so sorry to hear your news. Very similar to my situation, it happened to me twice in 1 year, first time I had a d & c as this was recommended by the hospital as I was 13 weeks and no sign of any bleeding. 2nd time it happened naturally at 12 weeks, 3 days after my dating scan. Both were very difficult but the second time I was advised to try and let it happen naturally as a 2nd d & c could thin my lining! I decided to go with the advice and did feel more closure than the first time however all I would advise is to makesure you have some strong painkillers as you will experience contractions and pressure. Go with whatever you think is best hun. In terms of trying again there is no rule really just whenever you feel the time is right. Take care :hugs:

Hi thank u so much I did have a m/c on thur 11th bt nw I have a uti so not gd an prob a infection aswel. I feel a lot better havin a natural mc tho I dnt get up set al th tym either. I couldn't have got thru al of this without u all. We want 2 try as quick as pos so we waitin til iv stopped bleedin. Love too u all xxxxx

Hi! Sorry for your loss. I've had 2 mc's & with both I opted for the natural way. With the first one I started bleeding and by the time the doctors arranged for my scan (48hours later) I had lost most of it. With the second I started with a little bit of bleeding but I had the scan straight away so they manage to tell me that the baby had stopped growing as his heart had stopped. I didn't start bleeding properly until the following day and I've been bleeding for 12 days now. Can't wait for this to finish & to have the scan to check everything is clear. You have to see what's better for you.
I hope this doesn't happen to me again but if it does I would do it natural again.

Good luck & take care!!

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"