Silly Question about Cloth Nappies

Mynx

Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls!!
Reaction score
Hey girls, this is such a daft question I feel almost embarassed asking it especially because I've been using cloth for just over a month now!!

How do you know if a nappy is done up too tightly? All our poppered ones are a bit awkward as Evie seems to be in between popper sizes right now.. they're either too loose with leg and waist gape or they seem too tight? If I do it up on poppers that stop the leg gape, then it often seems a bit snug round the waist.. she doesnt complain and it doesnt leave red marks but her belly always seems to be hung over the top of her nappy? Is this right or wrong cos I have no idea! Just lately I've been doing them up one side on the tighter popper and the other side on the looser one. My Cushie Tushies and Ebay cheapies are the worst for this cos they're all poppered, yet I love them! I have an Issy Bear now and I dont want the same problem with that so any help or advice would be appreciated :D

Grr this is why I prefer Aplix lol!!

Good question, i have the same problem sometimes xx

It's such a pain.. when she's in the laying position, I can get my fingers down the front of her nappy but there doesnt seem to be much give, yet it doesnt leave red marks?

LO has very chunky thighs and a slim waist so her nappy is often quite loose round her waist. Still though, when she's sitting in some positions her tummy hangs over the front a little bit so I think it's more to do with their position than the nappy being too tight. As long as it's not leaving marks and LO doesn't seem uncomfortable it's fine :)

i agree. as long as there are no nasty red marks, then it is fine.

Also u don't need it to be tight because the wee goes onto the fabric then gradually soaks outwards, so by the time the very edges are wet and leaking onto clothes you would be changing the nappy anyway.

the belly hang has always been fine for us...

abigail isnt overly chunky but when shes sitting her podge hangs over a bit...but then it does it with me when iv got jeans on, and I sit down...my little baby belly podge hangs over and im completely comfortable! :blush:

As long as there is no irritated skin, or if she indicates she is uncomfotable...its fine! :thumbup:

Thanks ladies. There's sometimes marks but they're not usually red, just little indentations which she gets when I put socks on her!
She's got such chunky legs and quite narrow hips and this lovely big buddha belly so she's a bit of a funny shape for poppers I think!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->