silly question:? sex after MC

j.ann

Reaction score
i dont know if this is a silly quesiton, but i have just had a miscarriage at about 6 weeks, wondering when it's okay to have sex again? we are planning on following doctors instructions and not ttc for at least one cycle...but when is it okay to have sex!?! thanks girls <3 xoxox

hi hun, im sorry for ur loss :hugs:

i was told as soon as the bleeding stops, and u feel ready :) xx

hi honey so sorry for your loss. i only bled for 2 days and we had sex 5 days after as felt i needed that closeness after our loss and i cried my eyes out afterwards dont know why!! so when you feel ready in yourself honey x sylvia x

I'm so sorry for your loss, j.ann. And there's no such thing as a silly question - better to ask than to not know and be in the dark. I've had two mmc's, and we moved cross-country in between them so I've had two different doctors. Both doctors told me to wait about a week after bleeding stops before having sex. This is to make sure your cervix is completely closed again, to help avoid the risk of infection.

And mintypeas, I am SO with you on that! Both times, I was dying to have sex long before the bleeding stopped, because I desperately needed that intimacy. And both times, I cried all the way through the first time.

Thats exactly how I feel! I'm so emotional and need my hubby more than ever right now. I feel so distanced from him because we cant be intimate at all---it's really killing me! I've been bleeding for 6 days, I think its time for it to stop already :(...Thanks for the advice ladies..I appreciate it!

Hi J.ann, sorry you have to go through this. I agree with what all the other ladies are saying. Definitely wait until you stop bleeding so that you don't risk infection. I've had 2 mc's and both times I bled for over a week. The first time it was 2 weeks the second time it was 9 days. It will be over soon enough.

If you use condoms, you protect yourself from risk of infection as well. Take care!

My Dr said to wait 2 weeks... We waited about 10 days, but used a condom and washed before and (me) after. I too needed the intimacy, but was hard to deal the act as well. So sorry for your loss.

mc March 15, 2010

Whenever you feel ready hun.
We started :sex: pretty much straight away. :)

they didnt advise me on sex when i had my mc. I waited until the bleeding had stopped (7days) and then we had sex but we are using condoms this month anyway as we are waiting for a normal cycle to try again (doctors advise)

sorry for you loss :hugs:
xx

After my first ERPC I got told to wait until bleeding had stopped - after 2 days it had so we had sex - it may have been a bit too soon though as I did start bleeding again the day after we dtd. This time I have been told no sex for 2 weeks xxx

We were told that as soon as bleeding stopped, It's only just stopping so will be well enough over the next few days. I have found it so hard and told OH so many times that I need the intimacy and closeness of

ooops, didnt mean to post reply yet! but was just going to say I understand. it's such a hard time but like so many people have been told once the bleeding stops the placentoral site would have healed so should be fine.

I did after 4 days when the bleeding had stopped, as i was told to. I really think it helped me heaps to 'move on' and to feel back to normal. It really did! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->