Silly things you have done due to being pregnant..

me222

Reaction score
I'll go first: So the other day I was trying to multitask preparing dinner for both my husband and I and feeding the cat.
I put the mince in the pot ready to cook for our spaghetti. A few seconds later, I realised it was the wrong mince! The mince I had put in the pot was the cat's kangaroo meat. Eek! Thankfully I had not switched the stove on and quickly remedied the situation (including thoroughly washing the pot!).

Anyone else have stories to share? 🙂

Not quite as bad, but one day last week after lunch I put the crockery and cutlery in the kitchen bin and the rubbish/crisp packets/leftovers etc in the kitchen sink!

I polished my entire lounge using dry shampoo instead of polish on Friday. :rofl: I thought it smelt a bit funny but didn't notice until I'd done the whole room! :dohh: :haha:

Hahaha! I do that stuff alllllllllllll the time when pregnancy. Pregnancy brain is the WORST. My favorite was when my OH and I were baking Christmas cookies, and OH reminded me FIVE TIMES that the butter was in the microwave and not to forget to put it in the dough. Sick of hearing it, I silenced the microwave and continued to prepare the cookie dough. It was as DRY AS A BONE, so I added oil until it came together, and they turned out just fine. Later, OH opened the microwave and said, "HOW'D YOU FORGET THE BUTTER????" We both had a good laugh about that one. No wonder the dough was so darned dry and crumbly.

I also forgot the butter in a platter of brownies I made.

I later forgot the butter in mashed potatoes.

It's butter!!!!!!!!

I backed into my husbands car!! It was dark and I completely forgot he parked behind me - put a small crack in his bumper!!!

Not quite as bad, but one day last week after lunch I put the crockery and cutlery in the kitchen bin and the rubbish/crisp packets/leftovers etc in the kitchen sink!

Haha! Love it! :)

I backed into my husbands car!! It was dark and I completely forgot he parked behind me - put a small crack in his bumper!!!

Oh no:(! I bet you felt horrible bout that! :(

Lately I keep putting the indicators on randomly when driving... when I'm not even turning off anywhere! :haha: people must think I'm crazy or stupid.. I have never had this problem before, but I've suddenly done it a few times in the last couple of weeks. My brain feels like mush!

I got out of my car and began walking into a store when I realized I had left my keys sitting right in the ignition. I felt pretty dumb as I turned around and walked back to my car... only to see that I hadn't even turned the car off - radio still on and all! I just pulled into a parking spot, put the car in park and called it a day. :haha:

Put my leggings on backwards and inside out, and told DH that it was 6am when it was really 5am. He had gotten up, brushed his teeth got dressed and fed the dogs and let the dogs out. When he walked back up stairs I told him the time and he was like UGGGHHH! But he went right back to bed.

Lol love these. Speaking of butter we will never run out while I'm pregnant apparently. I keep buying it! I have at least 2 bricks in my fridge at all times. My husband thinks its hilarious.

Lately I keep putting the indicators on randomly when driving... when I'm not even turning off anywhere! :haha: people must think I'm crazy or stupid.. I have never had this problem before, but I've suddenly done it a few times in the last couple of weeks. My brain feels like mush!

I hadn't even considered this a pregnancy symptom, but I've been doing this, too!

I hadn't even considered this a pregnancy symptom, but I've been doing this, too!

I'm glad I'm not the only one!! It's bizarre and makes me feel like a complete idiot :haha: I dont even realise I'm doing it.

This thread made my day! My DH has done a lot of stuff and he's obviously not pregnant but has "pregnant brain" all the time lol

I haven't been too forgetful this time although while we're on the subject of butter (really what is it with pregnant ladies and butter? :rofl: ) I ended up putting the peanut butter in the fridge and leaving the actual butter on the counter. By the time I realized it, it was already too late.

In a previous pregnancy I had left $20 worth of groceries in the car overnight :dohh:

Put my leggings on backwards and inside out, and told DH that it was 6am when it was really 5am. He had gotten up, brushed his teeth got dressed and fed the dogs and let the dogs out. When he walked back up stairs I told him the time and he was like UGGGHHH! But he went right back to bed.

Not really pregnancy related but similar story. One night years ago husbands alarm went off so he got up, showered and dressed. Walked up to the station wondering why it was so dark and the station was deserted, when he realised it was only midnight. There were still a few people coming back from the pub! He came home and went back to bed until his alarm went off at the right time. Still makes me laugh!

This is a constant struggle for me at work. I work in the lab at the hospital. I process the blood or whatever the body fluid is an get it ready for testing. Once I'm done I bring it to the correct testing place so they can run it. I bring stuff to the wrong testing spot at least once a day. Lucky enough everyone's testing tubes looks different enough to know when I give them the wrong tube they know it's not for them. Everyone gets a good laugh at it when I do it and say yep she hit pregnancy brain :haha:

Mine has to be the time I put the dirty washing in the washing machine accidently set it to tumble dry only. Went back got the washing out which I thought had been washed and dryed and put it all away. That week me and my partner couldnt understand why everything smelt funny. Then realised and had to go around and unhang all of the dirty clothes...what a plonker! Lol

This thread made my day! My DH has done a lot of stuff and he's obviously not pregnant but has "pregnant brain" all the time lol

I haven't been too forgetful this time although while we're on the subject of butter (really what is it with pregnant ladies and butter? :rofl: ) I ended up putting the peanut butter in the fridge and leaving the actual butter on the counter. By the time I realized it, it was already too late.

In a previous pregnancy I had left $20 worth of groceries in the car overnight :dohh:

Do you not leave your butter out on the counter anyways? Lol we leave about a half a brick out at a time.

I was all set to make DH's favorite meal for supper and had even told him about it that morning. He was SO looking forward to it only to come home to grilled cheese and tomato soup instead. :haha: I'd forgotten to take the meat I needed from the freezer until about an hour before DH got home. :dohh:

And on the butter thing...I was making supper and unthinkingly put a stick of butter on my stovetop while I was baking a pizza. I have a glass-top stove and while I made sure I hadn't put the butter on burner, I neglected to keep it away from the oven vent. And since I'd been using the oven, there was a fair amount of heat coming from the vent... Cooked supper, cleaned up, and didn't think anything more of it until the next morning when I went to make breakfast and found out just how much of my stovetop could be covered by a previously melted, now solidified stick of butter. :wacko:

Oh no! Ew what a mess! Lol. My hubby would have been disappointed too haha. But wouldn't dare say anything lol he knows hes lucky he gets dinner lol. Im craving lots of pasta lately, hes not a fan. But doesnt say anything lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->