Silver Cross 3d Pram System - Jet Sport - Any Good??

pizza.1

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Can anyone give me any advice on whether I should buy one of these please? Can only find one review on the internet and it was only 2/5. Had a play in mothercare today and it seemed ok but wanted to check out some reviews.

Many thanks!!

xxx

I had a silvercross 3d in cargo and i only had it until connor was 3 months as i ended up selling it. When i had a play with it in shop if felt fine but then when i actually started using it, it was so heavy and not practical getting on and off buses, the basket underneath i could hardly get anything in or out without unclipping the basket putting whatever i wanted in and then reclipping it and it was just a faff which you dont want to be doing when your out shopping. I didnt think it was worth the money tbh, the carseat we still have and i have no complaints about that although ive heard some people have trouble fitting in there cars because of seatbelt lenth

I have the Jet Sport and its good! I really like it! The pram part was lovely when Oliver was tiny, but he is a nosy baby so doesn't like to be in there now as he can't look around! So we tend to use the car seat on the pram base which is absolutely fine and very easy to use.

I don't have to get on buses or anything with my 3D but I don't have any problems putting it in the car - I guess it is bigger than some but I like that its very sturdy, so I don't mind it been a bit bulky. I haven't had any problems with the basket, it is a little fiddly sometimes but the good side of that is that I don't have to worry about anything been stolen from the basket when I'm out lol!

So overall I'm really pleased with it, and I think its a really good price though we did get it on offer with the car seat free.

i will have to keep an eye on this thred as this is what we have bought for charlie xx

I do like mine, its nice and sturdy when up but I have to think about what I am doing / where I am going as to if its suitable or not.

It can be a nightmare if it isn't folded down correctly becasue then it just won't 'flick' open. I took it on the bus and was in a rush and thought it was folded right and wasn't and was a nightmare to unfold at the other end. It fits okay in my C3 boot but is a squeese in the C4. You need both hands to unfold and fold it so just try and think about how you want to use it. I do like it but I do have a nother pram for busses now!

:flower:

I love mine. It is a little on the heavy side but fits perfectly in my Corsa. I don't think I would like to carry it around on public transport - I don't use public transport as I have a car. I've used the pram mode a handful of times but won't be able to use it much longer as Abbey is rapidly growing too big (she is two months now) so I reckon I have any month or so use out of the pram mode. She is a big baby though.
The car seat / travel system mode is fantastic. Abbey sleeps much better in her car seat anyway so great when going to the local shopping centre.
Can't really comment on the pushchair mode as I haven't used it yet.
Only problems we have (I say we, it's actually my husband!):
* Handles are wobbly
* Handles too short - even when adjusted to max. My husband is 5ft 11"
Those are his complaints but personally I love it and would recommend it.

I had the the silvercross 3d in pistachio. I bought as I thought it was gorgeous but after a while i hated it. Its very heavy, it hard to fold down (need like three hands) and the shopping basket is small. The car seat that goes with it is very heavy too. Once Phoebe hit 5 months i got a little fisher price buggy which she still has today. Sorry to put a downer on it. I still think its a gorgeous looking pram but for next one im going for something new.

I got shot of my 3D - dreadful pram. Hard to put up/collapse down, wobbly handles, hard to push once baby gets heavy. The carrycot is small, so baby will outgrow it quickly & I hated my baby facing outwards in the pushchair mode, couldnt see his little face.

There are other threads in this forum on the 3D - so do a search.

I'm putting mine up for sale. Only used it 3 months. It was ok but I wanted parent facing and as my LO outgrew the pram at 3 months I didn't want to put her in a forward facing pushchair.

I love my 3D, we've had it since before AJ was born and still use it!
It is bigger than some others, its also heavier than some others but I've found it is very sturdy.

I use it all the time on public transport and have never had any problems. I've never had to fold it down and wouldnt find it a problem doing so easily as long as AJ was safe. I've used it in every mode and even bought the additional raincover to use when the carseat is attached. I've found it very hard wearing and we got all accessories apart from the parasol included. (I dislike it when you have to buy everything seperatly!)
AJ is very comfortable in it and I plan to continue to use it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->