Silver cross pop-jet sport.

P

princess_vix

Hey i bought this pram because i needed a lightweight one for holiday and have found it's the perfect pram for me.

Good things:

It's lightweight
Has a carry handle (for when folded)
Folds easily (and small, not bulky)
The hood has clips so the wind can not blow it back
Raincover is easy to assemble and attatch (Also easy to keep on the pram as it attatches at the top.
Lockable swivel wheels.
Reclines flat
Small and easy to use on the bus
Simple recline system
Easy to attach pram toys
Fairly sturdy
Easy one hand steer
Good grip handles
Nice looking
adjustable foot rest

Bad things: (few i have found)

Basket has hard access when pram is reclined
Basket is not big enough
Handles do not adjust if small (Handles i have found are high,good in my case and OH and I are tall)
Clips are stiff ( may be because still is fairly new)
Footmuff is £40 on it's own (not included in pram)

In all so far would give it 8/10 because my old travel system had a massive basket and that's something i miss....but hey ho we can't have it all!

Hope that helps!

I have this pushchair as well but in a different colour.I'd agree with all your good and bad points especially about the basket! We got a brand new footmuff (the official Silver Cross one that matched) off ebay for under 20 quid :o)

The pushchair is in the boot of the car at the mo so can't measure but I'd say if you are under 5'6" or 5'7" they would be too high for you.

yes i agree with Roxie..too high probs for under 5'6'' they are just very high and with them this height for me i don't have to put much effot into pushing but when my little sister pushes who is 5'4'' she finds she aches!

I had one of these and never had a problem with the handles , I am 5'2. The only positive I have about the buggy is the fact that it lays almost flat. Other than that I don't have much good to say about it but thats because when It was just over 6mths old (and I never used it ever day) it collapsed and folded up on itself when pushing it with my son in it!! The rivets on the crossbars under the buggy had sheared off completely! Silver Cross passed the complaint to the place I bought it from, Toys R Us said as it was 1 wk out of the 6mth purchase date they couldn't refund or replace, but they could send it back to Silver Cross for us at our expense,but,that if they found it not to be a factory defect we would have to pay for the repairs ourselfs. Needless to say it may have cost us more to send it back etc than buy a new buggy lol. We just bought a Maclaren Quest and so far (touch wood) love it, and find it nicer to push etc. I also did some reviews on the Pop after my problems and a lot of them were bad with regards to the build and quality and breakages that were happening. I don't mean to sound so negative about this buggy, but after itfolded up with my son in it I can't be positive.

I have the pop in Bubbles(pink) and i would agree with everything you said apart from the easy one hand steer.I think it's really difficult to push but that might just be because i'm used to pushing a luna which moves like a dream.I really can't get used to it at all :(

I liked it when I first got it, but mine also broke at the rivets after 5 months I was gutted that day!! but have a maclaren xt now which I like more,feels much more sturdier.

I liked it when I first got it, but mine also broke at the rivets after 5 months I was gutted that day!! but have a maclaren xt now which I like more,feels much more sturdier.

This seems like a common problem with the POP from reviews I read after mine broke. I just wish I had read them before I wasted over £100 on it. I am still loving my Maclaren too, and find it so much easier to push etc.

This is the one I've just bought, got the matching car seat which was basically free with the pram as it's on a special offer! I love it. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->