Since Becoming A Mum...

Lellow

Déjà poo ... Get it?
Reaction score
...I weep endlessly when i watch a charity advert which shows under-privileged/malnourished babies from Africa etc.

I used to always get a bit upset, but since having Aymen, i just gush with tears everytime.

:cry:

I guess its a given to become like this once you have your own children.

Does anyone else notice how much more sensitive you get about babies/kids etc...

Yes I am a thousand more times sensitive to subjects like cancer in children, SIDs cases, etc. I was watching a show on St Judes hospital yesterday and they were talking about this little boy with cancer, they had a half hour segment on him and I thought he was recovered and at the end they said he died, I just started bawling. I can't imagine loosing a child, my son is my world, my entire life revolves around him, I just can't imagine losing him.

My prayers go out to all the families who have lost children.

Yup, I hate those adverts and I too sob my heart out. We give lots to charity but I still feel helpless watching them.

I am so sensitive about everything and have been since I was pregnant. But especially anything to do with kids/babies.

H works in safeguarding and I can't bear to talk to him about work at all.

I have a hard time watching anything even crime dramas that have anything to do with children. It was bad after losing Devin but it's even worse now that I have Colin.

Yeah I am more sensitive to the plight of children. I also feel an all consuming rage when I see the NSPCC ones, I just want to get hold of that neglectful abusive parent and ......... I feel very protective of all children now, not just mine

I'm not very good with children, a bit timid of them, so sad things about kids don't affect me all that much. But adverts asking for donations for premature babies always make me cry.

I'm the same, was sensitive before, but now, after having LO i can turn into a blubbering wreck at the drop of a hat.
I get really upset at some of the signatures of people on here that have lost babies, especially with the pictures of them, breaks my heart thinking of what these poor mummys must have been through losing their beautiful babies...:cry:

I get pissed off when I see them, apart from the GOSH one, purely because I find it sometimes really hard to get by with what I do to support my own child and to feel guilt tripped by an advert showing a malnourished child, well....it just makes me angry. It angers me more that you get celebs getting paid extortionate amounts of money for kicking a ball about etc while you get countries who have hardly anything that would benefit from that money more!

omg imagine us all in a room and that advert for concern came on, i cry at it and rspca when the cats looking its owner and its owner is dead and he cant get in :(

hiya lellow! (how are you getting on?!).

Well, i used to be an emotional kid, but toughened up over the years until my little one came about...

Its hard keeping thoughs tear at bay, and it could be about any emotional story!

yep. These adverts get me all the time...
:cry:

As sad as this may sound, previous to LO stuff like that didn't phase me. But now with LO, they make me cry. One thought of that baby being *my* baby, and it gets the tear ducts working!

Motherhood makes me emo! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->