Since that study came out...(And scaremongering stories)

xsadiex

Reaction score
BOTH of my grandmas have told me their concerns and keep on asking me why I won't just have the baby at the hospital. so annoying!
Stupid media.

thankfully nobody i know here who knows my plans would tell me to change my mind lol my MIL and Mother both live outside the country

Ahh that's lucky, saves a lot of hassle. I've written them both a HUGE educational email so they understand my decision. Family! I know they care, but sometimes they can be so annoying!

yeah my mum is a homebirth advocate having had 2 herself and being there for my sister having my nephew at home and shes planning a second homebirth for next year too

https://www.babyandbump.com/home-natural-birthing/810494-responses-birthplace-study.html

Maybe you could remind your Grans about the fact that at a homebirth you get the full attention of 2 MW's and I guess it depends on where you live but I've heard that if you get transferred by ambulance you'd be in surgery quicker than being transferred between wards. Compare that to what I was reading on the independent online at the weekend about how some hospitals have had as few as 3 onward MW's to 40 women (i'm guessing that's after birth tho, I can't remember) and that according to the RCM there's a shortfall of over 4,000 midwives in the country. I'm not great at remembering facts and stuff but sure you could find the article. I personally feel way safer about homebirth than I do hospitals x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->