Single MMR Vaccine

I read that about autism too, that the symptoms happen to appear around the same age as the vaccine is routinely given so people tend to link the two. I just want to be told there's absolutely no risk and then I'd be happy! :blush:

C had his first one at 4 and booster more recently. Normally they get the preschool booster before they start nursery.

From everything I've heard is they have found no link but that they can't say they won't find one they can't say for sure there is absolutely no link...it just hasn't been found yet. That is some of what worries me, they can't tell us for sure there is no way the two are linked. But the autism/mmr isn't my only reason for not doing that vaccine..but we don't do any, not just this one.

i always said mmr has nothing to do with autism, and according to the studies it doesnt.
but i just found out that my OH has several cousins with varying degrees of autism and i know if i were to have a child and after the vaccine the child got autism i know i would not be able to stop doubting that there was a connection
if there's a demand i dont see why there are no single vaccines? surely they couldnt be any less safe as i presume all the chemicals present in the single vaccines would be in the combined one too?

From everything I've heard is they have found no link but that they can't say they won't find one they can't say for sure there is absolutely no link...it just hasn't been found yet. That is some of what worries me, they can't tell us for sure there is no way the two are linked. But the autism/mmr isn't my only reason for not doing that vaccine..but we don't do any, not just this one.

I know it is difficult to throw off the nagging doubt but the problem is that it is almost impossible to prove a negative. They can't tell us for certain that there is no link anymore than they can tell us for certain that there is no link between autism and cleaning products or autism and tomatoes. Any doctor could start a similar panic tomorrow by putting forward a theory about any possible link. I know I will still worry when the time comes but I am comforted by the fact that, due to the furore over the possible autism link, the MMR has actually been more thoroughly researched than would otherwise have been the case.

I still havent made my mind up for definate either... Olivia hasn't been for her 12 month booster yet and I am expecting the mmr appointment anytime. We have just decided to delay them both for the time being but for how long I am not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->