Singleton vs. Multiples HCG beta levels??

swissygal

Reaction score
I know I know I know, your hcg levels aren't a good indication of whether you're having twins or not, but a girl can guess, right?! I just got my BFP (yay!!!) after my first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage around Christmas. My hcg levels this week have been high, and this cycle was my first one with Clomid and having an IUI, so I can't help but hope for twins! Here they are:

14dpo - 349
16dpo - 66
18dpo - 1624

My question is, has anyone had similar numbers and had a singleton?? I'm trying to not get my hopes up, but it's hard! Either way, I'm thrilled to be pregnant, but I'm a twin myself and have always wanted to have twins too!

I only had mine done at 5weeks 2 days and the level was over 11,000. I'm having one baby, hopefully very soon. Xx

I was 765 at 17dpo (4weeks 3 days) and 9522 at 24dpo (5weeks 3 days). My numbers are considered above average, but not abnormal. I've had two ultrasounds so far and both have only found one baby.

Congrats by the way :)

Why not try posting this in the twins section? Xx

at 16 dpo my beta was nearly 800 with twins, its very hard to tell just from beta alone. What type of twin are you?

thanks! I'm fraternal, and my mom had twins because she was on clomid, we assume at least. I'm sorry about reposting, too. I was trying to move this into maybe another forum, is that possible?

if you are fraternal then it could be passed down

Yes, where do you want it moving? to first trimester?

my HCG was 926 what would be 15dpo and was 415 with 16dpo with DD. I honestly think the doubling time is the bigger indicator with DD I went from 415 to 4810 in a week and with the twins it went from 926 to 16,540 in 6 days. But I say there is a definite possibility you might have two in there Good luck :)

Mine was 599 at 14dpo with a singleton! My friend with twins was in the 400s at 14dpo with a twin pregnancy so it is just hard to guess! But it is totally possible!

Yeah, hcg beta isn't as reliable indicator as the prog levels are. With a train pregnancy your body has to have the right amount of progesterone to sustain a multiple pregnancy. So if you have high prog levels that's mood possible than hcg levels.

I only had 1 hcg level at either 20 or 21 dpo and it was 18,762. One baby. It could be twins for you since you're a twin but I don't think hcg levels would indicate twin or single. They vary too much.

14 DPO hcg was 1310!! Insanely high. But there was only one and she is now almost 2

Well thanks for the input everyone! I've decided to go in for a 5w3d ultrasound so that I can put to rest all this wondering! It was going to be awful to wait for another 3 weeks to find out if it's a singleton or multiples!

My HCG at 5 weeks 2 days was 46,400! I was sure it was twins but I had a scan at 6 weeks and there's just the one :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->