Sister smacking my child?

I'm not sure I'd be annoyed if my sister called my daughter a brat if that's how she was behaving. Even if it wasn't something I'd do myself. The smacking thing is different. If this is how she disciplines her own children, there should have been a conversation between you and her about not smacking your child, if it isn't something you do. I'm generally happy for my sister to discipline my child but then, we parent in pretty much the same way. If she did something with her child I didn't like, I'd have set ground rules early on.

I have to say, her first response seemed genuine. She only got defensive over the brat thing. I know 6 year olds can get things mixed up sometimes. Maybe the ball hit her, or another child did and she thought it was her aunt? Our daughter is five, and she frequently,tells me about things that have happened but when I drill down on. to it, she has misunderstood the situation. She is still convinced that one of the nursery staff broke her leg but we know for sure that definitely didn't happen. I'm not saying your daughter is deliberately lying about it, just that to children they can draw conclusions that aren't accurate. I don't think it's worth falling out over. She knows your feelings on it now, if it happens again, then is the time to make a bigger deal about it.

I tell off my nephew if required as he has a tendency to try and hit my son or deliberately take toys away from him that he's playing with. However that being said I would NEVER tell him that he was a brat nor would I hit him. I don't think it's appropriate language towards a child and there are other ways to discipline children.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->