Six almost 7 month old menu

Left wonderin

Not sure lol
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm looking for examples of what your 6/7 month old eats in a day and when . I want to make sure I'm on the right track its amazing how much you forget and how quickly !!
Thanks

My wee one is a bit older (nearly a year) but it was something like this at that age:

B- 1/2 banana, toast and spread. 6oz milk.

Snack -bottle

Lunch - banana, 1/2 a small baby jar or finger food like boiled veggies or pasta. She liked egg too.

Dinner - rest of jar, jelly, fruit, or whatever we were having (usually our dinner unless it had dairy as she is allergic)

Currently we have

7.30 - Milk
9 - breakfast (porridge/toast)
10-12 - nap
1 - lunch (normally of the fruit & veg variety. Today for example she had sweet potatoes, broccoli, mango & bananas)
3 - milk
5 - dinner - (meat or fish with veg, today she had tuna pasta with carrots, courgettes and peppers)
7 - milk & bed

Her appetite varies from one day to the next, some days it feels like all she does is eat and other days she only wants milk but this is a "typical" day. We try and follow her on want she does and doesn't want, and like loeylo we have to watch we give her because our DD also has a dairy allergy

Oh and Gracie still varies massively from one day to the next.

Thanks for the replies
Anna loves her food !! I have not tried any finger food yet . She was EBF till 6 months

7am : milk
7.30/8- porridge , maybe some purée fruit too
9am : a quick drink more of a thrisy quencher than a feed
11am : milk feed
1pm : Dinner and sometimes does not appear satisfied so also a sugar free yoghurt
4pm : milk feed
5.30/6 : tea time .. She will have fruit with yoghurt / rice pudding ect ...
7/7.30 milk feed ( most times she isn't that inrtesrest in it .

It seems alot to me but she crys when its finished wanting more !! When should I start imtroducing snacks between meals ?

Eva will be 7 months on Saturday and her menu looks something like this:

8am - 7oz bottle and half a weetabix
10am snack - yogurt or rice cake
12.30pm - lunch (usually fruit and toast, or a bit of what I'm having)
2.30pm - 7oz bottle
4.30/5pm - Dinner & pudding (usually some sort of purée but she occasionally has some of our dinner) followed by either a yoghurt or half a low sugar rusk etc
7pm - 7oz bottle

We do a mixture of purée and finger foods so her menu differs day to day. She also has a bottle or sippy cup of water during the day :flower:

Dd1 loved solids and went into them with great gusto.

Dd2 has been taking things slowly.
She's 8.5 months and she's still mostly on milk. Her day is for example...
6am milk
7am 1/4 egg yolk
Then a couple of milk feeds
Lunch: salmon, cauliflower, broccoli (about 1 tablespoon in total)
A couple of milk feeds
Dinner: yoghurt and some fruit (will also eat 1 tablespoon in total if that even)

I swear Dd1 was eating so much more at this age. I let Dd2 feed herself. Most ends up on the floor. If I try to feed her her mouth closes tight so I don't push it.

They say food before one is just for fun.

If your baby is loving food then that's awesome. Each baby is different.

I see you're still giving her milk before her solids which is great.

Could she be going through a growth spurt too?

Just after she wakes up she has 7 oz milk (time varies between 7 and 8.15!)
Breakfast usually porridge or weetabix (1.5 hours after her bottle so again varies, in the week she has it at nursery)
7 oz milk - 12/12.30
Lunch usually something fruit/veg/pasta and a yoghurt- 2.30
Nap - 3 - 4.30ish
Dinner usually meat/fish with veg and usually fruit afterwards - 5/5.30
7oz milk and bed - 7/7.30

:thumbup:

My LO is 10 months old now, but her menu has been about the same since she was about 7 months old, the only difference is that she is now actually eating the food I offer her instead of just playing with it.

7 am - wake up and sometimes breastfeed (she usually wakes around 5/6 am to nurse in which case she usually doesn't nurse when she wakes for the day at 7)
7/8 am - handful of cheerios, 2 tbsp plain greek yogurt with 2 tsp of pureed prunes mixed in, either half a piece of toast with almond butter or some scrambled eggs with cheese/mushroom/green onion, sometimes a half a banana, water
9:30 am - breastfeed
12 pm - varies, either leftovers from dinner the night before or a buffet of whatever is in the fridge - goat cheese, veggies (tomato, zucchini, broccoli), tuna or lentils, and maybe a rice cake with some avocado mashed on it, or scrambled eggs (if she didn't have them for breakfast), water
2 pm - breastfeed
5 pm - supper of whatever we are having, often some chicken or salmon with cooked veg, or a chicken stir fry with rice, or shepherd's pie (Isla's favourite), or a pasta dish, or chili or curry with rice, and then usually some extra sticks of veggies, water
6:30 pm - breastfeed

I've just started offering snacks between meals but she usually isn't interested. Usually some veggie sticks, cheerios, Love Child oat bars, etc. And she has a cup of water she can drink from throughout the day.

Iron fortified baby cereal for breakfast
Lunch and dinner food I've mashed/pureed for him. This includes two serving of veggies, 1 fruit, and meat. Sometimes some grain.

We don't eat many "baby friendly" foods (gravies, sauce, salt). I'm all for baby led eating when we can but I make him food so I know he's eating real heathy and not getting extra sodium or processed foods.

He nurses whenever he wants milk

I'll give him some puffs throughout the day to help with his pincher grasp or bites of plain toast.

My 7 months old nurses on demand and just gets food at dinner as he isn't too interested yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->