Size of baby Anxiety

Pix

Reaction score
Had my routine appt today and I've been having a bit of anxiety over it.

First off my belly button herniated but there is virtually nothing I can do about that right now. I just hope it doesn't get any worse.

Which leads into my anxieties. I've been measuring a bit ahead and wasn't terribily worried about it. My OB's office doesn't change due dates so the one they have on record is Jan 7th. But according to my first ultrasound my due date is Jan 3rd. So I've been going off of that. Which the neonatal dr thought more appropriate. Ok. That makes me 31 weeks. (I don't know why my ticker is off!) at my ultrasound for 30w5d he was an estimated 3lbs 11oz. Ok. Not bad.

So today I go in and I'm measuring 34weeks. :-0 3 ahead of my estimated dd and 4 ahead of theirs.

She sai if we subtract that 2 week leeway I'm still only ahead 1.5-2 weeks and it isn't cause for concern. Ummmm. Ok. And she estimated him to be about 9pounds.

I'm not a large woman. At all. And while dd was 8.8 and DS was 8.1 a 9lbs baby kinda scares me! And I know the estimated can be terribily off. But now I don't know how to feel. She suggested I start getting my bags ready

I know a few of you have measured ahead, what was the advice given? And if you had your babies was it spot on or far off?? I'm feeling a bit panicked at the moment. Plus if I keep with this and measure 40 at 36 that's still a month ahead!

Oh my I'm going to drive myself crazy!!!

Did she do an u/s? I measured ahead with #2 & #3, but I had xtra fluid. They were both 7 lbs. my 4th was big, almost 10 lbs, and while I'm plus size, I'm not very tall. 5'2" I had him vaginally, he did get a bit stuck, but no problems. I did deliver my 2nd 10 days early, but still term, so I guess he could have been closer to 8 lbs if 40 wks.

I'm in the same boat. Scan show me as 31 weeks today but doc will not change my DD. The dd he is going by is Jan 13 but he wants to induce on Dec 30 ( 38 weeks by original DD but 39 by the new scans) they have never seemed worried nor has anyone mentioned anything about baby being big. I'm not worried as ds#1 was born naturally at 37 weeks and weighed 8lbs & was 20.25 in. Ds#2 was induced at 38 weeks and was 9lbs 21.25 in ( but I was already in labor at induction appointment). The only thing mentioned is that I am looking at another 8+ lbs baby again. I've had both sons vaginally with an episiotomy only with ds#1 so i know my body can handle a larger baby even though I have a small frame (5'3" approx 130lb pre-pregnancy and thin). I've tried to tell doc many times that conception date has to have been between march 23-April 5 according to my lmp and my ovulation chart but doc only goes by scans but lmp puts me between 31-32 weeks now. Doc has to know something is off (other than baby being big) as he would not want to induce if he didn't suspect another thing.

I fought for my conception dates. There was literally only one day. Lol.

My son was a fabulous labor and delivers. But my daughter (only and 8oz difference) was horrendous. I do worry it will follow like like. I know a lot has changed in 7-10 years but I'm still unsure of their accuracy. I know he will come when he damn well feels like it but I will still worry up to the end!

With dd they did an ultrasound at 40 weeks and said she'd be 6lbs if that... Well no. I was a bit big at the end with her.

I did have an U/S. But the one office had yet to report it. So I have to wait until the next appointment.

I've actually been trying to see if there are studies regarding larger baby/fundal height size to delivering early.

Pregnancy turns me into a crazy woman!!

Hun don't let the measurement bother you I measured bang on for dates with my son never once over he weighed 11 lb 5 oz at birth !!
Shows how reliable the measurements are !!
This little lady I'm having a growth scan at 36 weeks but she's not big at all the consultant is sure of that I've never had gd harry had extra blood vessels in his cord and placenta a lot of it was his height he was 58 cm at birth and now age nearly 4 is so tall bless him he's really skinny though now he has autism so only eats baby food and is non verbal bless him
But yes don't let the measurements worry you my mum measured ahead with my sister was told she would be huge she was 6lb 4 oz see don't no why they bother lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->