Size of baby clothes??

Buckles

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm just packing the hospital bags and was wondering what size baby clothes you have bought??
My little girl was 6lb 3oz when she was born but was in tiny baby size for such a long time. I had a scan yesterday and this bubba is estimated at 7lb 5oz and I've only bought tiny baby/first size and I'm worries that nothing will fit him.
Just need some advice, I thought I was on top of things but I've got less than 3 weeks to go now and still have to wash everything.
Thanks xx

My 1st baby was 6lb 2 oz and was in tiny baby for about 4 weeks. My 2nd dd was 7lb and although she fit into tiny baby it was quite snug on her and newborn upto 10lb is better on her. I took a mixture of sizes into hospital as I had no idea how big she was going to be.

My first was 7lb.8oz & dropped to 7lb so she was in newborn clothes for a long time. I had a scan last week and this baby is already 8lb+! I've packed newborn & up to 1 month (10lbs) as I know scans can be wrong, but at least we will be prepared! X

I've packed tiny baby and then when I looked at it it just looked so small that I thought I'd better pack some bigger ones just incase so now I've got a variety! LO was measuring at 5lbs 10 at 34 weeks

I think I'll pack some of my daughters old baby grows just in case. I was adamant this baby would be tiny too as my bump isn't that big xx

I have a mix of newborn and 0-3 month sizes. I haven't spent much on newborn stuff in case it doesn't fit, though. I've heard the sizing ultrasounds are really inaccurate, so I don't think I'll rely on that too heavily. If he takes after me and DH, he'll be in the 7lb range somewhere. I'll probably buy his going home outfit in both newborn and 0-3 just in case, but for everyday clothes, I'm prepared for him to be just about any size except preemie.

They estimated DD to be 9-10lbs. She was 8lbs 7oz and could still fit in newborn and 0-3 was too big. So I went out and bought a couple newborn outfits so she would be more comfortable. We expected to have a bigger baby so I didn't have any newborn clothes. She was in 0-3 by the time she was 3 weeks old. So even tho she was about 9 lbs she could wear newborn comfortably

DD was 7,12 and very lanky so she was in newborn for the first 3 months but we only had 0-3. DH had to go and buy her a ton of stuff from Boots. This baby is meant to be smaller so we've packed 2 Newborn outfits and 2 0-3 incase he's long. It's good to have a range and too big is easier than too small.

I'm packing 2 sets, NB and 0-3.
Estimated weight is 3200gr, but it's just an estimate.
Max. We'll see when she's born and DH will bring something else for her from home.

It depends how long baby is. Mine both wore the same clothes though Sophie was much heavier. She was shorter so newborn was huge on her (7lbs 15.5oz/3.6kg and 47cm).

This time around I'm taking nb, 0-3, to be on the safe side. My first ds was 7lbs 7oz and only fit nb for about a week. Their estimating this one to be about 8lbs but its jus an estimate so idk lol.

My boys were 8&9 lbs and didn't wear newborn for more than a day or two. As soon as they began to stretch out they were definitely in 0-3. I bought more newborn for this little girl cause I just have a feeling she is going to he early and smaller than my boys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->