Skin rant

MEPride

Reaction score
I knew early on I wouldn't likely be one of those women who get the pregnancy glow. I've suffered with acne since puberty. But for crying out loud, my skin just won't make up it's mind! First trimester was all oil and pimples and now it's dry irritated pimply skin! The only thing that's been consisent is the horrible bacne! I'm getting all scarred from the cystic pimples that keep erupting behind my shoulders! No fair!

Anyone else having the same trouble? GAH!

Yep, I am, except I typically don't get much acne except during certain times in my cycles. Now I'm so broken out that I look like a school boy :haha:

Seriously though. I've never been broken out this much before and I've never had to worry about acne on my neck like I do now. What little I had was always confined to my face. No matter what I use to get it to go away, I just end up with more break outs. I totally feel you.

It was always confined to my face too and definitely hormonally driven which is why I just had this feeling I would not be so lucky with the pregnancy glow.

Nothing has helped, and like you said, most makes things worse!! I have noticed however that my acne coincides with 'surges' in my hormones that occur about every 8 days. Which means a new round of acne every 8 days. Go figure!

The breakouts on my back are so bad that I hunch forward all day at work to avoid resting by back against the chair. It was the same last pregnancy. First time, I was pregnant all summer (will be this time, too), but I was too embarrassed to wear shirts/dresses that might expose my back. So was just a big, fat, sweaty pregnant mess that whole summer.

On the up side, my skin was the clearest it's EVER been while I was breastfeeding, so at least I have that to look forward to. It'll be a nice gift for putting up with the cracked, bleeding nipples.

Mine was bad but the last couple weeks has gotten better. Maybe there is still hope? Lol I've always had hormonal acne as well. When pregnant with my girls, my skin was beautiful! This boy, is going to do me in lol.

Me!!! Whenever I get hormonal (period, new contraceptive pill, pregnancy etc.) my back and chest go crazy. My facial skin this time has been worse too, with my hairline pimply and my face just general bumpy and uneven skin tone. I have been really lucky to usually have really good skin on my face (including teen years), but this pregnancy is really different. My chest has been the worst ever and it makes me feel so gross :( I know it's all worth it and will pass once baby is here, but I'm dreading wearing dresses and lower tops in the summer when it's hot.

I generally rarely have acne except when I have my period. With ds, I had pretty good skin the whole time. I suffer from psoriasis and that cleared too when I was pg with him. This time around I am constantly broken out on my face! I feel oily all the time and my hair gets greasy faster, too. Have had a few psoriasis patches on my hands with the changing weather so I'm glad I won't be pg in the fall with this one as that's when it's the worst. I sweat easily and can only imagine how gross my skin will be all summer!!!

oh the story of my life right now. I feel like I stay broke out and my hair gets greasy super fast. I even made my friends laugh because when I first found out I was pregnant everyone was like awe your skin will glow and your hair will be thick and beautiful. Well I get it the glow is from the grease and yeah my hair looks like I stuck it in a grease bowl after a few hours. ugh :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->