Skyler wants to be held all the time!

KarenLV

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

I need your advice and tips to help me. My son,Skyler want me to hold him all the time. I cannot get anything done around the house. If I place him down on his bouncy chair he will be content for about 2 minutes then start screaming and he immediately stops when I pick him up. My husband is accusing me of spoiling him,but surely I cant just leave him and let him scream and cry?The other day we went to the mall and he wanted to be held all the time whilst I was pushing his stroller! How can I teach him to sit by himself a bit longer? Do they sit by themselves quietly at this age or should I wait longer?

have you tried swaddling him? i swaddle Ffion even when i put her in her bouncy chair and in the pram.

Yes,I swaddle him and he gets annoyed with that...

Grace is the same. She will very rarely fall asleep of her own accord if i put her down when she's awake. She will only really fall asleep on me or whoevers holding her. A mw told me that that was perfectly fine and that if they cry to be held you should hold them and cuddle them when you can. By 3 months though you have to stop doing it so often because that's the age that they properly take things like that in. But that's all very well and good but how are we supposed to eat, shower, get dressed? I've tried swaddling and she gets very frustrated because she wants to move her arms. I think I'll wait and see what people suggest as I'd like some advice too!

Well,today he stayed a bit longer in his bouncy chair without screaming but I am still looking for some advice. I would like to be able to eat a meal without a baby clinging to me!

I'd suggest trying a sling, great for getting things done round the house. Also take him into the bath with you

I already have a sling but he suddenly developed a disliking to it. He already bathes with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->