Slamming on breaks 30 weeks

Mc12eb

Reaction score
I had to slam and swerve, she moved a lot right afterwards but has calmed down now. There is no bleeding or cramping, should I be worried?

Oh no, that must have given you a fright!

I read a section in WTEWYE just today that said baby is very well cushioned by 'the most sophisticated shock absorption system in the world' and that to penetrate it, mum would need to have sustained injuries that would likely land her in hospital.

However, if you're worried, there is absolutely no harm giving your doc/midwife a call to put your mind at ease.

Take care, hope you're ok xx

I think you just got a surge of adrenaline from the close call and the baby was hyped up for a little while. You'll be fine, and so will she!

I had the same at about 32 weeks... Bubs is now 10 days old and fine :) they're very well cushioned :)

I'm sure baby is fine. I had to slam on my breaks on the interstate on the way to the MFM one day and babies were fine (though I was afraid my BP would be a bit elevated, it was actually low). They are well protected in there. If you did get hit with something in the stomach I would get it checked out just to make sure it didn't cause a bleed or anything, but usually I think everything is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->