slapped cheek syndrome

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Emz_number3, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Emz_number3

Emz_number3 Well-Known Member

sooo ...my DD who is 5, has caught this from school...the school only told me of the virus JUST..only becuase my DD has it...

soooo...im 11 weeks, this virus is harmful to pregnant women..

im SO ANGRY..

i dont no what to do...

2. loveylove

loveylove Well-Known Member

I had never even heard of this until I just googled it.. have you had it before? If so you might have built up an immunity.. Not sure what to suggest as it says it can last 4-5 weeks. What are the risks for baby? Is there treatment for it or do you just have to wait it out.

What an awful situation. Sorry :hugs:

3. babyblessed

babyblessed Well-Known Member

my eldest son had this when i was pregnant with my first and all was fine, i think it is commomly around in schools and nurseries so yo may have already built up immunity but check with the doctor for piece of mind...

4. leigh-louise22

leigh-louise22 Well-Known Member

I would inform your doc/mw straight away! Wen I was pregnant with my first I wasn't immune to any of those viruses but if u'v had ur bloods back u will prob have been told. I would check just to be sure as it is one for pregnant women to stay clear off!