sleeeeeep would be nice!

Cattia

Reaction score
These past weeks I have been awake for at least two hours every night :( I have taken to getting up now so I don't lie there and disturb OH. I have always been a good sleeper but not any more - MW says this is my body's way of getting ready for having the baby. Every time I mention to anyone that I am having trouble sleeping they say 'Oh, you wait until you have a baby to keep you up half the night'. Yeah, but I am up half the night anyway! At least if I had the baby here I would have a good REASON not to sleep!!!

I know, at least when LO is here you will be able to sleep in between feedings and things. I am only 28 weeks and have been struggling with sleep for weeks.

Totally with you, I struggle to get to sleep, have jumpy legs, acid and have to drink pints of water and then have to pee loads. I think on average I get about 4 hours sleep, for someone who is used to at least 9 its killing me. Oh and I totally agree, at least when bean arrives I will be getting up for a good reason! Plus I won't have to work a 55 hour week!

Yoga teacher has given me some stretches and I think I have slept about 6 hours the last 2 nights which is great. Long may it continue.

Iv been like this since about week 37.
Since being full term i have slept abit better, but its loo trips that waking me more now.

hey hun just so you know i went through this sleep patch of waking up bang on 3.30am every night and not sleeping until 6am.
luckily i've managed to get back into my normal sleep pattern now, but i know its horrid and i used to hate people saying 'oh just you wait until you get less sleep' like you said.. at least when baby is here we'll have a REASON to be awake, rather than just laying there getting annoyed we cant sleep!

i just wanted to kill everyone with their smarmy baby comments... hahah.

try all you can to sleep, no caffiene before bed, warm milk maybe? turn the tv off 30 minutes before you plan on going to bed (this stimulates the brain to stay awake if you have the tv on) and probably try having a bath before bed? lovely and relaxing, help you to sleep.

just a few things i tried :) xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->