Sleep and waking up in the night

gingajewel

Mommy to Megan
Reaction score
Sooo Isla is a terrible sleeper!! She screams for ages before naps and wakes so many times at night!! In the middle of the night she will wake up for hours on end, just awake! Nothing I do soothes her back to sleep, so it means that she is awake for ages and keeps us awake so we are all grumpy the next day!
As an example last night she went to bed at seven, up at ten till about 11.30, fell back to sleep, up at one until about 2.30, back to sleep, up at four when I bought her in bed with me and she slept restlessly until about seven.
Am I missing something? I've tried:
-white noise
-ignoring her
-co sleeping
-changing bum
-feeding
- checking she is too hot/too cold

I'm at a loss!! Any ideas please? I do try and ignore her but she is so loud?! She cries/cooes/bashes her cot with her legs!
I only have a 2 bed house and dd is in the other room so she is in with us at the moment, help please - it's so hard!!

Have you tried a dummy? Can't remember if I've asked before :dohh:

W has to have something soft to rub her face on too, would a lovey maybe work for Isla? Is she in a sleeping bag at night?

Same here... we cosleep and some nights i had woken up to see her just sitting up (!!!) looking at me. Sometimes she would touch my face to wake me up. But normally just fusses as if she is struggling to fall asleep. On a bad night she may be awake/fussing/crying for 2-3 hours in the middle of the night.

We have been using dummies since birth. It doesnt help.

We use dummies and she has a comforter! I really think she just doesn't like sleep lol!

It sounds like she might be in a cycle of being overtired. She fought sleep so she was overtired, then didn't sleep well at night because she was overtired, and the cycle just continued. Is there anything that is a sure fire way of getting her to sleep, like the car or stroller or wearing her in a wrap or something? If yes, then use that to get her to nap during the day for a few days just to get her to catch up on some sleep and see if that makes her night sleep better. My Isla wakes a lot at night but thankfully does't stay awake for hours, so long as I feed her she is back to sleep in 5 min. But I've noticed that if she doesn't nap well during the day she wakes significantly more at night because she is overtired.

Mine did this too. Not every night, but enough. It's exhausting. We coslept and night nursed but on those party nights no amount of nursing or rocking would get him back to sleep until he was ready. It definitely got better with age, but he does it still even as a toddler. It's different now because he will just lie there and not make a peep, but he is up for an a couple of hours in the middle of the night at least a few times a month still. Hope it gets better soon.

I agree that is might be she is over tired, that might be why she is screaming before her day time naps. Do you let her sleep late in the morning to compensate for the bad nights sleep? Maybe as pp said a few days of trying to get her to catch up on lack of sleep will help, get her up early and try to make nap time the same time for the next few days. I know it is easier said than done, but good luck I hope you can turn it around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->