"sleep apnea epsiode"

Chel

Reaction score
Just for a laugh, maybe because he needed to make sure that mummy and daddy never ever take their eyes off him again, our little man had whats being described by the doctors as a 'sleep apnea episode'.

Basically, 2 nights ago, around midnight, I was finally ready to sleep and as I slipped into bed I had one last little look at my baby and I noticed he was a funny colour around the eye brows and lips - I thought it was the weird light of the lamp, so I picked him up to check it and he was totally limp and not moving in my arms. I called out and my husband took him and put him on the floor to see if he was breathing - which he wasn't - while I called 000 and incoherantly screamed at the poor operator that my baby stopped breathing.

A second later my husband ran out the door with the baby and I followed, we got in the car and were at the hospital in about 4 minutes - breaking every possible road rule on the way. In the car, though he was still unresponsive bubba was moving his hand a little a breathing lightly.

By the time we got to the hospital his colour returned, he was awake and over the next few minutes became more and more alert - until he started crying, which was the most beautiful sound i'd ever heard.

We spent about 20 hours in hospital under close observation, but when everything was perfect and they said he was remarkably healthy we were discharged with a new toy - a breathing monitor thats attached 24/7 that ticks for each breath and alarms if he stops breathing - and also we've been given infant CPR training.

I'm so glad he's fine and I'm starting to feel human again, obviously I didn't sleep at all the night in hospital, so last night, after massive sleep deprivation I was beside myself, I couldn't even look at my baby without crying because he scared me... today we're having love and cuddles like nothing ever happened, which is great!

We also learnt lots of things while we were in hospital, not just CPR, but we now know that, while it was great that we can get to the hospital in about 4 minutes, the proper procedure is to call 000, stay on the line and wait for the ambulance - which applies to any situation.

Anyway, it just feels a bit better to debrief after all that, thanks!

oh my that must have been so scary glad his okay though and hope it doesnt happen again xx

oh my god how scary for you i hope your ok now and glad baby is ok we had one of those monitors since he was born bought it from argos for £50 ticks with every breath or movement alarm has only gone off twice but i shot out of bed so fast frightened to death of what i would find but he was fine was just lying on his tummy so sensor wasnt picking up properly

oh my god that sounds terrfying :( :hugs:

so pleased he's ok though.

xxx

Was the baby sleeping on his tummy when you found him having the funny colour around the eye brows and lips? If yes try to prevent him from sleeping like that, it is very dangerous at his age.

I am glad he is all right though!!

wow glad hes okay hun ! thats why we bought the angel care monitors max had an episode like that once and scared me half to death

How scary, so glad he is ok xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"