sleep or lack of

amylw1

my 3 boys in avatar. x
Reaction score
hi,

i am getting so fed up of not sleeping etc. a few weeks back i bought the boots pillow mist spray (peppermint and nutmeg) as it helped with other 2. i cant use lavender as it makes me sick (this was b4 preg as well). i am going to bed between 8-9pm as really knackered. come 2am i'm still awake, tossing and turning and disturbing OH.

any ideas on how i can get to sleep?

thing is i have tried hot baths, camomile tea, staying up until i am almost too tired to climb stairs. its not that i'm too hot/cold, my rooms dark and keeps noise out, i dont need the loo and its not heartburn.

yeah its just a restlessness and an uneasiness... a complete lack of being able to drift off to sleep.

how about askin OH to maybe give you a massage??

I know how you feel. I've always been a bad sleeper but for the last week it has been impossible. I know this sounds really really naff but it has been proven that knitting can help you get to sleep. Its the repeatative movements you are making. It doesn't really help me as I get to sleep ok to start with and then wake up later on and toss and turn for the rest of the night.

Warm milk really does help with a little black pepper in it. Its pretty comforting.

Also try to avoid sugar late on in the evening as that can perk you up when you least want it to.

There are herbal remedies but I dont think that you can take them while you are pregnant which sux as they really helped me when I was at uni and barely slept for 6 months!

Hmmmm, I too am having real difficulty getting off to sleep. I get RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome) and it seems to be a million times worse during pregnancy! I just HATE it when I get an "attack" as I'm drifting off to sleep!

I like the sound of that nutmeg and peppermint spray: Think I'll have to get me some of that.

Shadow xx

No advice from here..... I am absolutely shattered myself. Tonight I haven't been sleeping at all. :cry:

:hug: Hope you manage to find something that helps you sleep better.

Turning the lights off and letting the TV bather quietly at me helps.
Listening to the ipod often helps, but when I've got a million things on my mind like now, it can keep me awake.
For me the key is to feel comfortable, secure and distracted ;)
The best lull for me is watching a film, but I have this struggle with myself over whether seeing the end or actually getting to sleep is more valuable ;)

Sorry i can't sleep either, i have tried everything and nothing works! I spend the days exhausted and go to bed at about 9 - 10 so everyone thinks all i do is sleep but in reality it takes me forever to drift off and when i do my dreams are so vivid and worrying i feel like i haven't slept at all!

Warm milk makes me sick, heartburn is a constant presence in my life, i can't sleep with tv/ipod on, can't get in and out of the bath properly with SPD so its more effort than its worth. NOTHING WORKS!

I usually sleep on my tummy so i'm finding it very hard to get comfy, can't sleep on my back (good thing i know), if i sleep on my side i get cramp and my hips start aching like crazy! I could cry thinking how tired i am! Good luck to you all and keep me updated of anything you find that helps! x x x

massage doesnt help, just gets OH "in the mood" (which isnt happening). i dont have an i-pod, and as i said i'm downstairs until almost asleep and then go up to bed, i'm totally tired but cant sleep.

the pillow mist is from boots and near their naturals range, think its about £3 for 100ml, they do do it in travel bottle size when in stock! swore by it last 2 pregnancies.

Doh well that stops my suggestion! I find that getting..ahem...jiggy with it...before bed seems to help me sleep well! I also have a rule...if I go to bed and havent fallen asleep after 45 mins or so, I get up and take my mind off it. Then try again!

Some nights I have literally been punching the pillow and crying with frustration cos I am exhausted but cant sleep.

Also now make myself get up around the same time every day...regardless of what time I go to sleep. I also read that you need to eat within 30 mins of waking to kickstart the melatonin production, which regulates sleep patterns.

I will try all of those things, i think the getting up after 45 mins is probably a plan - although i do that 'If i go to sleep now i'll get 6 hours sleep...if i go to sleep now i'll get 5 hours sleep' thing so it might just panic me too much! x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->