Sleep question about my 7 & 5 year olds... Need advise!

cbass929

Mommy of 3 <3
Reaction score
So my 7 year old DS is going to 2nd grade and DD is going to K as of next week. So we have started them as of this week on their school bedtime routine. Which is at 7pm showers get started and they have to be out teeth brushed and in the bed with lights out and TVs off by 8pm. The past 3 nights both DS and DD have woke up crying, don't know why, won't talk just sits there and cries and goes back to sleep.
With my son it always about a hour after he goes to sleep, with my DD it closer to midnight. They are in the own rooms alone so it's not like something or someone is waking them up.
My son did this through the school year last year also. But I don't understand why??? Ill ask the next day of they had a bad dream because they don't answer me or say anything when I go see what's wrong when they wake up. But they never remember. Anyone else's kids do this?
I almost feel like its something I can do differently but I don't know what that would be. We have tried different bed times before and it gets worse. Plus we have to wake up at 6:45am and they never want to wake up and are tired if I push the bedtime back some.
Any advise?

The way you describe them not answering etc sounds like they are having night terrors,although they normally happen at a younger age and it would be a horrible coincidence for them to both suffer at the same time.

Maybe try no tv at all in their rooms,the flashing of the tv can put your mind into overdrive before sleeptime.Reading a book each would help them relax more.

It doesn't happen with both of them at the same time. My 7 year old it happens every night. My daughter it happens every couple days. They have a tv in their rooms but TVs are turned off at dinner time and are not allowed back on.
Not sure what's going on. Just thought if ask.

Night terrors I reckon. My DS1 does it at least 2-3 times a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->