Sleep training a two year old...?

Baci

Mum of 2
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm after some ideas and advice please.

I'm having a hard time with my DD at the moment. She's 2 next month and always been a bad sleeper (waking up once or twice a night) but has usually been fairly easy to settle during the night. She's never been good at settling herself and usually goes to sleep on my lap before I put her into bed (probably not the best idea I know :blush:). However recently she's been getting progressively worse at settling when she wakes in the night.

We also used to co-sleep but she's been in her own cot (and now a toddler bed) for a while now.

But now she is trying to get me to lay in bed with her or I get floods of tears. There just isnt enough room in her toddler bed for her, me and bump! I'm sure she sleeping with one eye open keeping an eye on where I am! If I sit by the bed next to her she climbs out and tries climb onto my lap. I'm also struggling to sit on the floor next to her bed as my bump is getting bigger.

I'm absolutely shattered and I don't know what to do. I don't really want to do controlled crying, but I think I might end up having to :cry:. I have to get this sorted before June when Baby No 2 arrives.

I guess as a start, that I need to stop her initially going to sleep on my lap and in her own bed instead.

I tried the baby whisperer "pick up put down" method last year when she was sleeping in her cot which did work. She has been in her toddler bed since October last year and now I'm not sure how to use this now as every time I lay her down she just climbs out of bed.

Thankyou for reading.
Baci xx

I dont really know.....but didnt want to read and run....

maybe get one of those night light things that go on the ceiling..that might distract her and give her your t shirt to snuggle up to...(which will smell of you).??

and one of those board things that go on the side of children's bed to prevent her climbing out....

im clutching at straws.....i dont know...sorry!!

I'm going through exactly the same thing Baci! :hugs:

https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-toddler-club/94404-2-half-wont-go-sleep-his-own.html

I'm trying something new tonight, so I'll let you know how I get on. We'll crack it, I'm sure.:hugs:

I'm going through exactly the same thing Baci! :hugs:

https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-toddler-club/94404-2-half-wont-go-sleep-his-own.html

I'm trying something new tonight, so I'll let you know how I get on. We'll crack it, I'm sure.:hugs:

I've just read your thread. We're certainly going through the same thing! Violet has never been put to sleep awake either :blush:

I thought things were getting better as Saturday night as Violet only woke up once and then went back straight to sleep with me sitting beside her bed. But last night she just wouldnt settle unless she was holding my hand! Then everytime I tried to leave she woke up and grabbed my hand again. :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->