Sleep walking & hallucinations

Kmx

Reaction score
Can anyone share any experiences or advice.. I feel like im losing my mind!

I have always had experienced some sort of nightmares and sleep walking. One time about 4 years ago I was dreaming there was a fire and I woke up trying to get out of my bedroom window.

Last night however I had something that REALLY scared me. I woke up and looked at my cieling and seen a MASSIVELY spuder - like the size of a football. I immediately sprinted out of the bedroom and it wasn't until I was standing in my living room totally petrified that I reallg "woke up". I felt dazed but so sure of what I had seen that I was sure it was a dream but also not convibced so I had to go to my bedroom and check there was no spuder which obviously there wasn't.

I know bad dreams are worse in oregnancy but this really scares me and I feel like I'm losing my mind.

Am I crazy?

I have never had hallucinations, bad nightmares or sleep walking but this pregnancy i literaly freakin hallucinate almost every night. Ive also seen spiders, ive seen a slug on my window curtain, ive seen a man standing over my bed, ive seen someone walk into my roo., ive seen a child standing in the corner. Sleeping is like living a scary movie ever since i got pregnant!!! I don't move i just lay there as still as possible and stare at it until it goes away but sometimes it can take minutes!! And i feel like its really real!

Okay so what helps me is having nice music on and having a little nightlight. It grounds me when i wake up, brings me back to reality. Only issue is that i don't always sleep well with the light and sound -_-

I've always had dreams like you have described. I get them maybe once every 6 months or so. Normally just convinced that there is a huge spider on my pillow so I jump out of bed, turn the light on and shake the bedding. Then I realise I was just dreaming! Really annoys my husband!!

The weirdest one I can remember is thinking my pillow had been electrified and my sleep brain was convinced I must get rid of it and the best place would be the bathroom! I basically 'woke' in the bathroom thinking why on earth would the best place for an electrified pillow be in the bathroom?! It's probably the least safe! :-D

I've been getting so horrific nightmares since getting pregnant. They seem to be getting worse the farther along I get. :( I usually wake up from these nightmares feeling terrified and it takes a few minutes for me to realize that they're only dreams and that everything is okay. I haven't hallucinated anything (yet) but when I wake up from these nightmares I try to just lay there and wait until my body wakes up more. Having a nightlight sometimes helps, because everything seems so much worse if I wake up in a dark room. I also keep a fan on at night because the noise helps me be more aware of where I am, if that makes sense.

Sorry you're dealing with this :hugs:

I've had this before (not pregnant ) and during this pregnancy a couple of times already!
The other night I "woke up" seeing a man that sort of resembled my husband leaning over me and I frantically kicked at him a couple of times and yelled "what are you doing "! I then truly woke up and realized it was a dream/hallucination and my heart was pounding so fast ! It's an awful feeling :(

I have had those spider dreams SO many times in my life! I rush out of bed and turn the light on to look for the spider, and there is no spider.
This was happening way before I was pregnant. They can be scary, but no idea how to stop them.

I have had a couple in the past not so much since being pregnant but I've been worried about them starting. I had a nightmare Christmas time is just before I would have concieved or maybe early pregnancy where there was a spider the size of a gerbil on my bed. I stood up and just screamed and had a conversation with my husband saying we weren't going to sleep until we found the spider. I wasn't awake at that point but husband guided me back to bed and when I woke up in the morning I remembered that happening like it was a dream. It was very strange. I've had a few dreams like that but rarely sleep walk. I was nervous about sleep walking and that because dreams are more vivid in pregnancy so worrie do might end up sleep walking more but not yet anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->