Sleep Walking...

steff

Reaction score
My 11 year old son is supposed to have a sleep-over in his school tonight, but because he has been sleep walking 2 times in 2 weeks, I decided it wasn't a good idea. He might venture out of the school and I am worried something might happen to him. Also, his classroom is on the 4th floor, so there are more risks involved. The first time it happened last week, our nanny was able to wake him up and he was confused and asked why he was standing up. Last night it happened again and he went out to another room and somehow knocked over the stand fan. She tried to wake him and he was flailing his arms at her saying he was looking for something. She said it was getting harder for her to bring him back to his bed because he is so heavy. I am worried, he might fall from the stairs. Our house is 4 stories and it really worries me that he could stumble or go out in the streets without our being aware of it. Does anyone else have a child that's a sleep walker? Could you please share your experiences?

I don't have a child that sleep walks but my sister does. She tends to sleep walk in times of stress so go through stages when she doesn't do it at all.

The first thing i will say is that you should never ever wake someone up who is sleepwalking - it can be very dangerous for them. usually if you stand in front of them and block their way then they will turn round and go back the other way. By blocking them you can get them back into their beds without waking them.

I relation to your house - i would put a lock at the top of your door that your son can't reach so he would be unable to get out of the house.

I don't know for sure but i thought that generally they are relatively safe when sleep walking.

i had trouble sleep walking right up until.... age 31! I basically had to keep a light near the bed or a lightswitch... If got pitch black I could sleep really deeply.

Have you consulted a doctor yet? If no please make it quick. It may be dangerous. And ---

The first thing i will say is that you should never ever wake someone up who is sleepwalking - it can be very dangerous for them. usually if you stand in front of them and block their way then they will turn round and go back the other way. By blocking them you can get them back into their beds without waking them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->