Sleeping Aids

Kellysharpe

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I am looking for some advice/opinions on sleeping aids.

We have been using a cocoonababy since day one and it has been brillian.

Ruby is our first baby but so I dont have any comparison but she has been a dream, very calm and happy, not much crying and so long as her nappy is clean and she is fed and burped she is otherwise smiley and more than happy to chill in the cocoonababy, she is 4 months.

I have recently read that other sleeping aids have been recalled due to safety concerns with 12 deaths in the US being with the sleeping aids being suspected as cause,

I am not able to post links being a new member perhaps someone could post some for me in the comments. The artixle is from the mirror and is titled Baby sleep aids linked to 12 deaths pulled by Tesco and eBay - but others still selling them

The ones in the photos are very different from the one we have and as far as I can tell they are syill on sale although mothercare and some other retailers have withdrawn the other type of aid.

I am not yet able to post links but if you Google cocoonababy you will see the one we have.

Until reading this I would have recommended it to you without doubt, now I dont know what to think, do you guys use them? Do you think all sleeping aids are the same or am i being paranoid?

As soon as she is able to turn we were plannning to stop using it due to potential issues anyway but should I stop letting her sleepin it now?

Thanks guys :)

I have no idea about the safety issue as I've never used anything like this before, but it couldn't hurt to try putting her to sleep without it and see what happens. If she sleeps fine without it then I would just stop using it now if you are planning on taking it away at some point anyways. The younger they are the quicker they forget about these sleep aids and the easier it is to stop using them.

I would start moving in the direction of stopping its use. Mine started rolling front to back at 4 months and back to front at 5 months, and sleep when they start rolling becomes really disrupted. If she is sleeping well now, I'd get her used to sleeping without it before that time hits. Also, since you just never know when she might roll off it at this age, I think there's no harm in just getting rid of it.

Tbh I've never really understood them and never used them but with all the research I'd stop now. The Lullaby Trust recommends a flat surface feet to the bottom of the crib/city etc with nothing there except baby and blanket. If she sleeps well there's no harm in trying. DD can roll from back to front and has been doing it since just after 3 months so you might be better before yours starts.

My babies sleep with nothing in their bassinets/cribs at all. No sleep aids, no toys, no blankets... nothing but a baby in their jammies. :) 12 months old is the recommendation for a blanket or small, soft toy, or anything soft in a baby's crib, and 18 months old is the recommendation for a pillow here in the US.

Hi Guys, thanks for your responses.

We have stopped her sleeping it it now and we only use it when we are sitting on the setee etc where we can see her. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->