Sleeping for long periods of time...

mommytashaX2

Reaction score
I have noticed that a few times a week, Jaedan has been sleeping for some very long stretches. Usually, he wakes every 3-4 hours to feed, but so far tonight, he has been sleeping for the past 6 hours.

I was just wondering if I should be waking him to feed him, or if I should let him wake when he is ready. I do not mind having the extra time with OH, but I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing.

Maybe he is just at that age now, where they start sleeping more at night...

They change their sleeping habits so regularly the first few months,so I would say enjoy it while you can! He seems contented with it.

I like it, but my mom says that I should be waking him up every three hours when he sleeps like that to feed him. I think that's crazy because I feel like if he was ready to feed, he would wake up.. Or am I wrong...?

I like it, but my mom says that I should be waking him up every three hours when he sleeps like that to feed him. I think that's crazy because I feel like if he was ready to feed, he would wake up.. Or am I wrong...?

I'm of the same opinion hun. When I was in hospital the MWs told me to wake my LO up if she goes longer than 4 hours without a feed, but when I did that I found she tended to bring most of the feed back up. At one point they made me take her clothes off so she would get cold & wake up :(

Now i'm back at home I do what I want. I truely believe if Maya is hungry she will let me know. Maya eats well during the day but come night she just wants to sleep so I let her. I'm just enjoying it while it lasts lol

i agree with what everyone else said , i didnt wake ella up only cos i knew she fed well through out the day and also she will tell me if she is hungry!
If she is happy asleep id let her sleep! Enjoy this time incase it all changes lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->