sleeping in their own bed...

Caron

Mum to an Angel & 2 l/c
Reaction score
Hi all my son is 4 and I still can't get him to sleep in his own bed... My daughter walks up to bed at 7.30 and sleeps 13 hours + but my son is another story..

Thomas will only sleep if i am in the room so goes to sleep on our 2 seeter sofa where he will sleep soundly.. My dh takes him up to bed as soon as he is sleeping and he will be fine in his bed until about midnight/1am.. after that he won't sleep anywhere unless i am there, if i let him go to sleep next to me and move him he wakes with-in minutes.. if i stay in his bed until he is sleeping and then move he appears beside me in minutes.. I have been repeating both of these things this for the last 6 weeks non stop and am tired now and not sure what else to try?? Any one got any suggestions?? any help or advice appreciated...

Caron x

some people find it hard and i guess it is but its easier on both parties in the long run
literally put him in his bed and tell him its bed time kiss him good nite and walk out, repeat peapeat and repeat until u feel like dying because he will get up again and again but once he realizes that mummy isnt backing down he will learn to stay put, im not one for puttin your child down and listening to them wail but he is 4 so should grasp it quite quickly, can i ask did u start off by having him in with u? has he ever slept on his own? good luck hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->