Sleeping on back/big boobs

smileyfaces

Reaction score
Hi all :hi:

A few times over the last few weeks I have woken up on my back and the weight of my boobs on my chest give me absolutely horrendous and nearly unbearable chest pains. It only lasts for a few minutes after waking up but those few minutes are torture and feels like I'm having a heart attack!

My boobs were big pre pregnancy (E/F cup) and they've gone humongous since being pregnant this time round, I dread to think what size they are now.

It is only when I have slept on my back, doesn't happen if I've been on my side. Is there anything I can do to help this problem? I'm not intentionally sleeping on my back, so its not just as easy as choosing a different position to sleep in :lol:

Does anyone else suffer the same issue??

Didn't want to read and run.
But mine aren't big enough to cause this
But I woke up last night on my back
My heart was racing and I felt awful
It interferes with blood flow
By the uterus pressing on a vein or artery
I put a pillow or some duvet wedged in behind me to stop rolling
And I roll duvet under my bump on front
I didn't di it last night
Cos was wrecked going to bed
But it works if I remember it :)

Thank you for replying lilesmom amd thanks for the tip x

Yes me they are a bleeding nightmare the pain is unbearable what I wouldnt give for small pert neat boobs not ones that feel like they are going to suffovate me or give me a heart attack :wacko:

I have big boobs a size F before pregnancy and at the moment need to invest in some maternity bras as I now have the dreaded four boobs ..... Anyway I get really short of breath if I'm lying on my back and struggle to breath properly they are also still quite sore and feel so full !! Luckily I don't get any pains from my chest just the shortness of breath which always wakes me up and makes me roll onto my side.

I have read somewhere that the bigger you get you shouldn't sleep on your back or at least try not to Hun

Xxx

Thank you Lucasmum, so glad its not just me! Have you found a way to ease it?

Natty, thanks for your rely. Sorry you get shot of breath :hugs: I don't intentionally sleep on my back, I just wake up like that sometimes. Considering the pain I wake up in, I'm really surprised I don't wake up sooner to adjust position!

I haven't had this exact problem, but agree that you could either wedge a pillow behind you, or sleep with your back to the wall? Hope you find a solution, it must be scary to wake up panicking with chest pains, even when you know what's causing it! Xxxxxx :hugs:

I sleep in a nest of pillows. It's mostly to stop me rolling onto my tummy but if you put pillows behind your back, it might stop you rolling over.

Its just quite difficult as I normally wake up with two children in my bed that have crept in in the night :haha:

I have one of those long pregnancy pillows, I will try lying that behind me so I can't roll onto my back!

U can get a soft bra for night time.
I'm only c before preg
But at the end last time I was f or g in some
I wore soft bra , like a tiny crop top at night
They come in ones with nursing straps too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member