Sleeping on front?

sam's mum

mum of two gorgeous boys
Reaction score
Since Sam has started rolling over, he will not stay on his back...which has made changing his nappy and getting him dressed a whole load of fun :laugh2:

I stupidly thought that being in his sleeping bag might keep him on his back in his cot, but when we woke up this morning he was on his front, fast asleep!

Is it ok just to leave him on his front at this age (he'll be 4 months on Saturday)?

I think the HV say if from his back he can then turn onto his front again then it is ok to leave them, if he can't turn back over then your meant to turn them back, i personally sometimes left LO and never did either any harm, my girl can now roll back onto her front so i leave her to it x x

I think the HV say if from his back he can then turn onto his front again then it is ok to leave them, if he can't turn back over then your meanr to turn them back, i personally sometimes left LO any never did either any harm x x

Thank you. I know when I was born they used to advise people to put babies on their front, so I'm sure he'll be ok but he's not too good at turning the other way yet! He used to do it when I'd put him on his front and he had his arms out in front of him, but now when he rolls over he sticks them out to the sides and they get in the way! I'm not sure I'll wake up if he keeps doing it in the middle of the night! x

Its ok one of the mums at my Baby group asked the other day and thats what the HV said. Like you said though are mums were advised to put us on front so i'm sure he'll be fine- anyway he'll be rolling the other way before you know it! x

Its ok one of the mums at my Baby group asked the other day and thats what the HV said. Like you said though are mums were advised to put us on front so i'm sure he'll be fine- anyway he'll be rolling the other way before you know it! x

I'm sure he will! Can't believe only last week it was taking him forever to get onto his front :laugh2:

Thank you x

He should be ok on his front since he is able to turn to the side and move his head around. Once a baby can move his neck and head to the side it's ok!

Aww I know the feeling with the nappy changing. Sometimes I find it so difficult because all my daughter wants to do is roll and kick her legs... One day I left her lil bum naked until she calmed down LOL, she was pretty thrilled about that LOL

I'm glad you asked this because I was wondering the same thing.
Colton absolutely hates laying on his belly during the day, and therefore wont roll from belly to back
But he loves sleepin on his belly; so he taught himself to roll from back to belly. :dohh:
So now everytime I wake up he is on his belly! Even when I lay him with me, I will pull him close so he cannot roll over.. but I feel him all through the night/nap time doing the motion to try and roll over! :rofl:

He should be ok on his front since he is able to turn to the side and move his head around. Once a baby can move his neck and head to the side it's ok!

Thank you! Means I can sleep well tonight and not constantly check which way up he is, as he seems to quietly sneak onto his front when I'm not looking!

Aww I know the feeling with the nappy changing. Sometimes I find it so difficult because all my daughter wants to do is roll and kick her legs... One day I left her lil bum naked until she calmed down LOL, she was pretty thrilled about that LOL

I just know if I try that there will be wee and poo all over my floor :rofl:
Can't believe just a few days ago he had to try really hard to roll, now I just look away for a second and he's on his front again!

I'm glad you asked this because I was wondering the same thing.
Colton absolutely hates laying on his belly during the day, and therefore wont roll from belly to back
But he loves sleepin on his belly; so he taught himself to roll from back to belly. :dohh:
So now everytime I wake up he is on his belly! Even when I lay him with me, I will pull him close so he cannot roll over.. but I feel him all through the night/nap time doing the motion to try and roll over! :rofl:

That's exactly what Sam's like! He hates being put on his front during the day, so he's never really had much practice at going the other way! He's even trying to roll over in his little rocker chair thing, which really can't be comfortable! Looks like I'll have to put the cleaning off for another few days so I can keep an eye on him :D x

Bella hates to sleep on her back and she has been rolling to her side since she was a week old. The Dr. said that if she can get up to her side, she can get back down if she wants to, so I could leave her like that. She said when they can move their head back and forth without a problem you can leave them on their tummies. I'm waiting til that day because Bella sleeps SO well on her tummy!

He can definitely move his head around lots and lift it up, so I'm sure he'll be ok even if he can't roll back over in his sleeping bag (I would try him without it but last time he ended up with arms and legs all over the place, sticking through the bars :laugh2:) x

Just wait till they start crawling. Nappy changes become a nightmare lol

My HV told me its ok if you know they can roll both ways so wouldnt worry too much..once Oliver reached 5 months he would refuse to sleep on his back and no matter what he was adament he ws goin on that tummy! lol. Some people will argue and tell you to turn them back but bubs knows what he wants and if thats what he wants theres not alot u can do about it. most mums i speak to tell me there LO's also sleep on there fronts. Try not to worry hun and go get some sleep x

My HV told me its ok if you know they can roll both ways so wouldnt worry too much..once Oliver reached 5 months he would refuse to sleep on his back and no matter what he was adament he ws goin on that tummy! lol. Some people will argue and tell you to turn them back but bubs knows what he wants and if thats what he wants theres not alot u can do about it. most mums i speak to tell me there LO's also sleep on there fronts. Try not to worry hun and go get some sleep x

Thanks...I tried turning him back over when I woke up this morning and 5 seconds later he was on his front again, fast asleep :rofl: ...think I'll just have to leave him! x

Gorgeous avatar btw :D x

OMG, I get so hot & flustered changing Noah!!

I lay him on his back and as soon as I'm about to undo his nappy he's rolled on his tummy & then its a game of chase as he crawls off at the same time of trying to get his nappy off!!

I was wondering if there anything I could do to stop him rolling - i think its just a matter of getting on with it!!

I was wondering if there anything I could do to stop him rolling - i think its just a matter of getting on with it!!

We keep an ever changing supply of toys beside the changing mat to distract her with, it's that or pin her down :rofl:

thank god im not alone on this one my LO has been rolling from back to belly since 3 and a half months but lately hes been sleeping on his front but he doesnt turn his head to the side and its very frightening when you wake upto it in the morning baby sleep bags dont keep them in place as he still manages to crawl all the way to the top of the cot

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->